Sesame Albums from the 70's, 80's and 90's now available to download

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems I made a mistake about the Sesame Street 2 album. They apparently released it in 2 volumes. Volume 1 contains the songs from side 1 and the first song from side 2. The second volume contains the rest of the songs from side 2. It's interesting why they didn't release it as one album.
I'm assuming that in order to pay royalties and make a little profit it was broken into Sesame Street 2 Part 1 and Sesame Street 2 Part 2. Several other albums are broken into two parts like this. Maybe that was the best option to make them available. While it's not ideal, it's better than not having them available at all.

rbendtzen

Reaction score
Hi.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Also, did you notice that the MP3 album of Happy Birthday From Sesame Street is an exact transfer from the CD version which eliminates A Little Bit Bigger. Too bad, huh?

Also, it seems they also broke up The Muppet Alphabet Album into 2 volumes and still have Sing The Alphabet. I wonder if Volume 2 of The Muppet Alphabet Album contains the line at the end about turning over the record and Big Bird's priceless line about if the record is turned over will they all fall off? I'm curious to know. Has anybody downloaded that?

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Also, did you notice that the MP3 album of Happy Birthday From Sesame Street is an exact transfer from the CD version which eliminates A Little Bit Bigger. Too bad, huh?
I noticed, and that's why I'm hanging on to my ancient cassette copy.

LoveBeam

Reaction score
A bit late, I know. But I finally broke down and bought the Fairy Tale Album. You were right. It also included Jack and the Beanstalk. They also did not leave any part out. Such as Grover talking about the record on the player three times. I like that they kept everything. :big_grin:

Davina

Reaction score
well, I know what I'm doing with my next pay check or two...

LoveBeam

Reaction score
I think most of the songs I will be buying now will be individual ones from different albums. Ex: Bert and Ernie's Everybody Wash. (I had that on a 45 record back in the day. I still remember Bert's comment that he had to wash his socks. :wink: )

I may not be finding one of them because I don't know the title. It's by Cookie Monster, but is not "C is for Cookie". It goes something like... "I want cookie! I love cookie! Nobody love cookie as much as me. Oh, please give cookie to me!" I want! :insatiable:

And how many versions of "Somebody come and play" are there? There's one by kids, one by Big Bird, and one by a male vocalist. I'm wanting the last version.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I had a Sesame Street album as a young girl but I can't remember the name of it. I know my mother gave it along with a Mr. Dressup album to some girls my grandmother used to babysit.

This is great that you now have an option to download songs. My niece loves 'Rubber Duckie'.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to buy this album - either on CD or mp3 if I must...but now it seems you can't buy the mp3's here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GCBV38/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8
Why?
I saw that this was mysteriously gone from Amazon several weeks ago myself. Some of the title tracks are mislabeled beginning with track #2 through track #8, so maybe Amazon removed it until this gets fixed. From my experience, if you select individual tracks it doesn't matter what title you are downloading. What you hear in a preview is the actual file you download. Several of the Sesame albums are listed with a few song titles out-of-order.

I found that eMusic has "Pete Seeger and Brother Kirk Visit Sesame Street" for $4.40. (It looks like eMusic added Sesame Street titles several months ago.) It's unlikely but there could be a rights issue of some kind going on as well. Regardless if you want the official release you might want to get this while you can.