Seriously! How Many Worlds Are In Fraggle Rock?

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Oh no, Gorgs are HUUUGE! They're like, 20 feet tall! :eek:

I used to think they were more like 7 or 8 feet tall, then I saw a chart comparison online at some guy's fraggle site and saw the error of my ways. And it makes sense, since fraggles are about knee high to humans, but barely ankle high to Gorgs! lol

Check it out!

http://www.geocities.com/enchantedforest/cottage/8264/heights.html

http://www.geocities.com/enchantedforest/cottage/8264/heights.jpg
Aw, man! :sympathy: I wanted to talk about it. But apparently, you beat me to it.

But back to the subject. Visually and location-wise, these worlds are connected, whether directly (Trash Heap in the Gorg's Garden) or indirectly (in order to get to Outer Space from the Gorg's Garden, you'd have to go through Fraggle Rock). But in terms of how the different--pardon the use of the next word--"species" interact and see each other's worlds, it's a completely different story!

~ Morgan "Signing Off!" Goat

Quesal

Reaction score
I recall in episode 1 Gobo read out of Traveling Matt's
book saying, "The center of the universe is of course that marvelous land known as Fraggle Rock." At first I thought it was Matt's boasting, but as time wore on I saw how one tunnel lead to our world and another lead to the Gorg's world. I have reason to believe that somewhere in Fraggle rock is a passage to any world. Perhaps Fraggle Rock is in fact the center of the universe.

superboober

Reaction score
Do we consider Wander McMooch's, um, realm a seperate world as well, or would we consider than technically outside of the Rock per se?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Do we consider Wander McMooch's, um, realm a seperate world as well, or would we consider than technically outside of the Rock per se?
It's a part of the gorg's world actually:coy:
And actually, just because the gorg world is bigger I would not say that it is a world onto itself as not everything in the world there it a gorg or gorg size and fraggles can go in and out of it freely. The same goes for the Doozer world...You could say they all have their own cultures, but that is not quite the same..and the Trash Heap is a part of the gorg world's magic to IMHO...

The way I've always seen it is there is Outer Space and then there is the world of the Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs all together for better or worst :smile:

And Sprocket's POV is really not a world onto itself :stick_out_tongue:..Pets live and love in outer space with we Silly Creatures, not in some pocket dimension we can't see :wink:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Personally, I think that to break these places into "worlds" defeats the purpose/message of the show. When you get down to it, all of these things are connected and to say otherwise taints the message of unity that Fraggle Rock is all about.

ninjagobo

Reaction score
FRAGGLE WORLD
GORG WORLD
DOOZERS WORLD
OUTER SPACE
TRASH HEAP WORLD
SPROCKET'S WORLD
You seem to be confusing points-of-view with worlds. As far as the Fraggles are concerned, there are three: Fraggle Rock, the Gorgs' garden and Outer Space.
I recall in episode 1 Gobo read out of Traveling Matt's
book saying, "The center of the universe is of course that marvelous land known as Fraggle Rock." At first I thought it was Matt's boasting, but as time wore on I saw how one tunnel lead to our world and another lead to the Gorg's world. I have reason to believe that somewhere in Fraggle rock is a passage to any world. Perhaps Fraggle Rock is in fact the center of the universe.
I always thought that was just the writers poking fun at how people used to insist that the Earth was the center of the solar system and extinguished those who tried to say otherwise. "We Fraggles don't need yer fancy-pants logic!" :stick_out_tongue: