Series 3 action figures retooled

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Did you read the article that inspired this post? Scooter does have knee joints - it's a fantastic trend in series 3. His glasses are still a bit oversized as well. I'm wondering if it has to do with breakage issues from Bunsen. It's not so bad (in my view), but it is noticeable. And what is it about old guys in glasses? Are we saying that Scooter's old? LOL!

Luke

Reaction score
Do you have the original pics Jamie ? The Lobster Bandito pics on your site are massive - be nice to see that for the rest, it'd rock !

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Did you read the article that inspired this post?
Yes, I read the article you were inspired to write after you got to see the big pictures. I didn't read about or see them any place else. Because they're not, are they?

If that is the case, about the breakage issues of Bunsen's glasses, why not use a softer pvc to make the glasses/eyes? Like the same stuff they're making hair & fur on Animal and Gonzo's head, or the same stuff Beaker's labcoat is made with? Then Scooter's glasses could be proportioned right. And they would not break.

And what is it about old guys in glasses? Are we saying that Scooter's old? LOL!
As it turns out, 25 years is apparently old enough! :cool:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Jamie. I read your article earlier today and I have a few questions for you.
What's the deal with Zoot's glasses and the issue of straightening them out? Personally, I just don't get why everybody says that he has a sad or droopy look to him.
Just why did you include Vacation Fozzie in your Series 3 update report? I thought that figure was an exclusive from Series 2, though with two versions of Floyd and four versions of Fozzie, there certainly are enough exclusive/variant figures to spread around to Series 3 with none of its own. Do you know if Lew's skin tone has been corrected yet? This is the only flaw left to tend to in my mind to perfect Series 3. BTW: Phil added the list of figures from Series 1-4 on the website again. However, the Tuxedo Rowlf figure from series 3 lists his accessories as a baby grand piano and candelabra. Does this mean the Beethoven bust is out, or is this just a mistake on his part? Anyway, have a great summer.

The Count.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
count
All good questions. Fozzie was included because we had the pic. No it wasn't changed and it may have been better to edit it out, but I thought the info was important. He kind of snuck in and the reference of his series edited out (by me). Good catch!

The bust and candelabra debate confuses me too. I'm not sure about that. I'll check with Ken. Haven't seen a pic of either yet.

Go to the source pics on: http://www.palisadestoys.com/DailyB...ur/TUESDAY.html
to better see how Zoot's eyes droop.

supergrover
Just making sure. You seemed to be questioning things already stated in the article so I wanted to make sure you didn't miss that. Love these knee joints. Knee joints for everybody!

luke
I will post bigger versions of select article images soon.

beaker

Reaction score
to jamie & luke:

ok you too...first off, jamie: you rock! Thanx so much for putting up those large angled pix of the lobsters! As a fan of smaller Muppet figures this is too cool! Do you know if these will have any articulation or joints?

Now, to both Jamie and Luke...for weeks(its been longer, but in regards to the new action figure heated threads) I think we can all three agree...In light of the Carroll series 3 article, new praise has to be given! I was less than enthusiastic about the pre toy fare and post toy fare s.3 proto pix. But man! Even tho they were shown unpainted, Zoot...Lew...Scooter, the three everyone and even I were complaining about, man! And Zoot, totlaly captures him. And those Lobsters again, TOO MUCH! I truly think Palisades should make accessory/side small figure packs, much like what Jakks pacific does with its line. And knee joints? Hot darn, just doesnt get any better than that!

beaker

Reaction score
Nice! Where did ya get all those large scans? very cool.

So from what ya can tell, do ya think the Lobsters will have any articulation? Looks like their arms might. Hmmmm

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Those are the original size pics from my article. I suspect the claws or arms have some articulation.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Those are the original size pics from my article. I suspect the claws or arms have some articulation<<<

Those lobsters are the one thing that really stands out to me that Ive seen in series 3...I mean, a company coming out with Lobster Bandito Muppet figures? too much. Yeah, it looks like the arms might be articulated, I mean those dont look like solid PVC peices, so I think there will be some joints or something. They just look so great, I hope they dont get retooled. Btw, from what ya can tell do these look like 3 inches to you? Man that Swedish Chef playset is gonna be so cool!