Series 2 packaged pics!

Luke

Reaction score
I agree, these look lovley - and how wierd to see these characters on the cards when we've been used to seeing the wave one people for so long now - wow !

The band playset looks super cool - it would have been ten times cooler if that neon 'Dr Teeth' sign in the center could have been made to light up so shame that didn't happen.

kane31666

Reaction score
From what I heard, they auctioned the set of four off and it came to 115 as the winning bid. And a member of the SCS won one of two EM sets.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by kane31666
From what I heard, they auctioned the set of four off and it came to 115 as the winning bid.
$115 ? Is that good ? I would have thought a set of four protoypes from a not yet released series to go for a lot more, but then they were just final carded examples weren't they so i guess not a lot different. Still - you are getting the figures 3 months early !

kane31666

Reaction score
I dont' think that they were approved final releases, I believe that they were factory prototypes.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Every time someone posts a link to action-figure.com, I follow it and by the time it loads it says "Sorry, you cannot access this file directly." Well, by hitting Stop I solved that, but I still can't get the pictures to show.

Could someone just copy them and email them to me please?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by kane31666
I dont' think that they were approved final releases, I believe that they were factory prototypes.
Really ? Well they should have sold for a LOT more then ! Someones gonna have a great time on Ebay with them i bet !

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Holey Guacamole Batman. $115.00 seems like a great price for that set of four figs. Ken said that those were a set of carded painted test shots, and I believe he said that all four pieces were tweaked here and there, so they are different from the final versions. That's about as close as you'll ever come to prototypes I'd imagine. I definitely would have bought that set.

Here, I went hunting for Ken's quote about the sample set.

"We are also auctioning off at the show four preview sets of unnaproved factory sets of carded Series 2 samples. We get these things called PPS samples that we sign off on or don't (we didn't with these, many changes to be made) and we are taking them to the show to auction off. One set each day. These are the unrevised samples, that don't have all the fixes on em quite yet...usually painted first shots, in the blister layouts for review and on the cards. Some people are into that stuff."

Aerosmith

Reaction score
They also auctioned off an Invisable Spray Fozzie prototype!

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
They also auctioned off an Invisable Spray Fozzie prototype!
So that would have been a larger than normal figure I'm guessing? Didn't Ken say they use 1.5 times the size figures for their prototypes? I can't remember the size exactly, but I think he said they don't use twice up size models.