September 24: Celebrating Jim Henson and Steve Whitmire

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As Muppet fans know, September 24 is a special day in Muppet history. Not only is it Jim Henson's birthday (he would've been 83 today), it is also Steve Whitmire's birthday who would take over for Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog beginning in 1990 through 2016. In honor of these two wonderful men, celebrate life and the people who make a difference in yours.

In honor of Jim, we're playing Jim Henson's most beloved songs on Muppet Central Radio all-day. Below are links for listening to our Jim Henson musical tribute.

How to Listen to Muppet Central Radio

Below are the following ways you can now access Muppet Central Radio.

Listen via TorontoCast:

Listen via Tune-In:

Join us today in celebrating Jim and Steve and their legacies that will live on for generations.

theSHE124

Reaction score
FROG DAY!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Post ribbits for Amphibian Awareness!

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
:smile:Happy Birthday Jim and Steve! Thank you both for making the world a happier and better place! We miss you Jim! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll never get to meet Jim, however, I had the honor of meeting Steve last year. A really great guy, so easy to talk to him, because he's as much of a fan of the Muppets as we are, and sitting in on his Q&A panel, you could just sense his passion for his work with the Muppets.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Happy belated birthday to 2 of the greatest puppeteers who ever lived. Steve Whitmire being fired 2 years ago proves my overall point that Disney clearly wouldn't know what's best for the Muppets if it kicked em in the balls. I would honestly give ANYTHING to go back in time & prevent Jim's tragic death from ever happening, cause w/out his leadership, the entire Muppet World is slowly goin downhill. 1 day I hope to meet Steve & finally get his side of the story, cause I know he's not the kinda person that Disney says he is.

Happy 83rd birthday to Jim Henson
Happy 60th birthday to Steve Whitmire