See-Thru Animal?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Also, he was comnsiderably more fur covered in the first season, so where we expect his body to be is still more fur, which moves and we see the reflection also.

Beau

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Actually, this is a phenomenon (phen-a mehna... dee dee de dee dee) of old TV cameras called "burn-in". The bright curtain rod behind Animal has burned-in to the camera tube, making it a "permanent" image. As Animal moves in front of it, you can still see the curtain rod at the same time, making it look like you're seeing it through him, when it is, in fact, the same as a double-exposure on film. You're seeing two images at once on top of each other, making them both appear see-through.

:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Hey, that happens on tube televisions as well, right?
It does. And it used to happen on old computer monitors. That's what screensavers were invented for, to prevent burn-in. Today's monitors and TV's are not as prone to it, but people still use screensavers. However, I have read that the ultra-modern and ultra-expensive plasma TV's are prone to burn-in. Apparently, even those little network bugs in the corner of the screen can burn in if you stay on the same channel long enough. Scary, huh?

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. In a former life, I was a television engineer.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah! I was reading about Plasma tv's and how they can get an image burned into them Then today, I watched a TMS and it loked as if, since the metal bar is really shiney, the image got stuck almost! That would have been what you described, Was Once Ernie.
I noticed too when they put pies in each other's faces, the shiney image doesn't fade quite fast enough.