Season 40 Press Kit!

wiley207

Reaction score
It worked for me.

The new opening sequence was pretty cool. Even though the theme music was pretty much identical to the 2007-2008 theme, I could tell right away it was a different recording when it started up (the harmonica in the beginning gave it away), and the visuals that go with it are nice and colorful too. I think I like this intro better than the 2007-2008 intro, but that's just me.

I was a little irked they didn't update the "Murray Has a Little Lamb" intro. I swear some controversy is gonna come up soon due to the use of a gangster-rap theme song with Latin Americans singing "Murray has a little laaaaamb!" What's worse, looks like they might not have filmed new skits in the series.

As for "Abby's Flying Fairy School," I hope this won't be in every episode. I mean it's neat, but I'd prefer if this would alternate with "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures."

The increasing frequency of Frank Oz on the show is pretty promising too. And starting it off with a Big Bird-centered episode is an EXCELLENT idea (even better than last year's great "Indiana Jones" parody starring Telly!) So far, I'm looking forward to it!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was a little irked they didn't update the "Murray Has a Little Lamb" intro. I swear some controversy is gonna come up soon due to the use of a gangster-rap theme song with Latin Americans singing "Murray has a little laaaaamb!"
By that logic, parents should boycott "In the Hights" as well. :smirk:

So, it looks like the press kit is officially up. Abby's fairy segment is neat and all, but it's not something I'd like to see in every episode, especially since they obviously didn't make enough for the whole season, so we're bound to see repeats.

zns

Reaction score
The theme song looks excellent the way it was set up. As for the "Mad Men" parody, it was a thrill seeing Frank Oz being able to do an Anything Muppet again like he used to. Knowing that he is a busy man and does not rely heavily on his career with the Muppets, he is definately the kind of entertainment man who knows what he wants and what he is doing. God bless him and everyone else involved with Sesame Street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know I'm so bummed! I wanted to see the new theme song everyone is talking about. Can anyone tell me what characters are in it? Like does The Count & Telly appear in it this time?
Well... I'm rewatching it right now, and I'll give you a run down...

Big Bird floating by in a hot air Balloon... little pink muppet birds fly around him

Oscar driving a garbage truck, Grover driving a Taxi, Bert driving a car with Rosita in the back seat, Count VonConunt driving a double decker tourist bus full of tourist chickens

Telly and baby bear playing catch with a Beach ball, Murray mailing a drawn letter, Ovijita jumping out of the mailbox

Cookie eating chalk cookies

More pink muppet birds

Elmo riding trike

Abby flying by Ernie's flower box

Ugly new Zoe dancing...

That's all of them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah....

If for some reason you have problems watching the videos on SS's site, check out their Youtube channel. They have ALL the same clips up there.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Wow, the new Theme song look is like a combination of nearly other theme songs of the shows past, they really dug up some of the good ones. :insatiable:

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've seen some of the press-release clips on YouTube tonight. The "D for Dance" one was brilliant; the rearranged theme song was pretty good (gotta love Cookie Monster with a mouthful of chalk dust!). But "Mad Men" focused on too many emotions at once--kids will probably learn more about confusion than they do about anger. :confused:

The "Super K Cereal" commercial idea seems promising at first; I wonder why the Workshop didn't try that one sooner, since both Special K and the "eating multiple bowls" Total ad have been around for years. But a cereal with only one letter (and a consonant at that) can't spell a word; looks like you'll need all those bowls after all! :zany:

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Also noticed on one of the videos on the Sesame youtube channel-the opening has changed from "folding" effects to one featuring the Muppet characters in a chalk-drawn environment.
Some elements of it reminded me of the theme used from 1992-1998-only this time animated of course.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Press kit seems to be working for me as of today (the 2nd of October).