Season 40 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyboddeeeeeeeeee! :super:

Okay, this thread is meant to help me with all the new characters that appear throughout the season. Will put up the list episode by episode, hoping to get the same help I've gotten in years past. The efforts of this thread are to keep the master Muppet Listings up-to-date. Thanks as always and have a Sesame day. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aargh! Missed the premiere because of stupid PBS promos. Any help with the episode's character list is welcome. :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There really wasn't much that you have missed. The only new puppet I've seen was a pelican. Don't know if they ever used it before, but it looks pretty realisti, except for the standard large Muppet eyes... no Eye lids... sort of like Elmo's.

There was an E-mail in Elmo's World with 3 kids, Grover's camp kids... they aren't mentioned by name, but I'll list them anyway:

Boy 1: Green rod arm AM with Brown/Red hair... Green eye lids, pink small round nose, wearing a yellow and red striped, black shape patterned sweater

Boy 2: Small pink hand puppet AM blue eye lids, spikey Orange Hair, yellow collared shirt.

Girl: Lavender rod arm AM blue lid girl eyes, pink round nose, wears a blue frilled dress.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The pelican was originally used on the Animal Show with Stinky and Jake, but with more cartoony eyes, and its tongue sticking out.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Don't forget about the new human characters, adding who portrayed them, like Freddy Flapper. Oh well, will have to catch it in repeats.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Don't forget about the new human characters, adding who portrayed them, like Freddy Flapper. Oh well, will have to catch it in repeats.
Oh yeah... him:

He was played by Lin-Manuel Miranda according to the wiki (I have no idea who that is, myself). Basically he just wore a greenish business suit and kept flashing his card over and over.

And his name is Freddy Flapman, not Flapper.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode:

Little Bo Peep- Lavender rod arm AM, pink girl eyes, magenta small round nose, Brown curly hair... wore a white frilly Bo Peep dresss with a blue cameo pin, and a straw hat with a blue ribon, and a blue strap connecting it to the head. She had a wooden cane with a blue ribbon bow on it.

The Cow was a standard Jersey puppet.

Mr. Draper- Orange Gold live hand AM same colored triangular nose, brown lids, short, neat brown hair, wears a dark gray business suit and fedora. His ears were larger than normal.

Sycophants:
Sycophant 1- lavender live hand AM, small round same colored nose, light blue eyelids, messy dirty blond hair light brown business suit and hat.

Sycophant 2- Magenta live hand Am same colored small round nose, dark blue eyelids, wire glasses, short, neat black hair, grey business suit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a question... considering you haven't asked for Ernie and Bert's Great Adventure characters last season, would you want any Abby's Flying Fairy School characters?

There really wasn't anything much today... I'm sure they used that Bee Puppet before.

There was a Flower in the Word of the Day segment...

An orange, daisy looking flower with a yellow round middle (You really need a botanist for this description) and it's face was on the middle part. It had pink girl's eye lids.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Drtooth. Yes, please add Abby's Flying Fairy School and Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures characters, the ones from last season are there on the list if you go to the new Muppet Listings 19 thread.

BTW: I won't be able to compile names for any misc. characters until seeing the episodes, and that won't happen until April 2010, so all your help is even more appreciated this year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll give you a detailed list of the new Abby's School characters later... maybe even later today, as soon as I get today's episode specific characters out of the way... But I just wanna add this. Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures characters are stylized clay and don't really resemble Muppet styling, while Abby's Flying Fairy School characters completely resemble muppets, only CGI animated. Just for the sake of description, I'd need to bring that up.

Anyway: Street Story-

Wild Nature Survivor Guy as played by Jimmy Fallon in a white short sleeved collared shirt and a beige vest... sort of like Crock Hunter, I suppose...

Word of the day: Nature

Plant- basically a Muppet Fern with a green ball under all the leaves with the face on it.. It had green girl eyelids and a carved in mouth...

Don't know if the rock was used before, but it has brown lid eyes and a craggy looking mouth.

Abby's Flying School: Dance Recital

Various objects get poofed by Abby, and they come to life...

First up was a yellow tin lunchbox with light blue dots and a light blue handle, then a blue wooden chair that had pink girl eyelids on the top part... and then an easel/Dry erase market board (Hard to tell, it moved too fast) with large eyes... I think it had blue lids.

And of course the Magic Dancing shoes... I'm counting them since they were sentient and a major character for the episode. Green glittery high tops with yellow laces. They had some sort of wing design on them.