Season 1 Bunsen appearances

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
One thing to point out, is that there have been a few later segments with Bunsen and no Beaker such as in the Brooke Sheilds episode where he tried to get Brooke back to her normal size and in the Carol Burnett episode where he said the winners of the dance contest were actually robots he made. There were probably some solo Bunsen skits on "Muppets Tonight" as well. Of course, Bunsen's always at his best when Beaker's around.

yes, even after the first season it was common for Bunsen to appear in scenes without Beaker and vice versa. on Muppets Tonight beaker appeared without Bunsen more, but Bunsen did have his own plot without beaker in the andie mcdowell episode (althouhg Beaker has his own subplot there).

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
first season episodes with Muppet labs include the ones with Paul Williams, Peter Ustinov, Avery Schriver, and Phyllys Diller. Outside of Muppet Labs in the first season, he appeared in the openign of the Peter Ustinov episode, in the good nights in the Avery Schriver episode, as an art student in the "that face" song from the Candace bergan episode, and in At The Dance in either the episode with Florence Henderson or Sandy Duncan (i can't remember which one).
And in the goodnights of the Peter Ustinov episode.

I was just watching the candace Bergan episode, and i saw Bunsen in At The Dance in that episode, although you can hardly see him. There are usually characters in front of him (i think his glasses can be seen when george and Mildred have their scene).
Really? Wowzers, I never noticed that! Did you see the Paul Williams Muppet in the goodnights of that episode? That went by me for years and countless viewings before I noticed!

One thing to point out, is that there have been a few later segments with Bunsen and no Beaker such as in the Brooke Sheilds episode where he tried to get Brooke back to her normal size and in the Carol Burnett episode where he said the winners of the dance contest were actually robots he made.
And there was a funny bit with him in "At the Dance" on the Jean Stapleton episode, in which he's dancing with a woman who has no mouth.

Bunsen: "I see you don't have much to say!"

(Kermit & Miss Mousey dance into the shot.)

Kermit: "I don't get that."
Miss Mousey: "You have to think about it."

(Bunsen does his laugh.)

This is just a side note, but did anyone else get a little weirded out by Bunsen's "ooohh, it sets me all aquiver!" in the Paul Williams episode?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Really? Wowzers, I never noticed that! Did you see the Paul Williams Muppet in the goodnights of that episode? That went by me for years and countless viewings before I noticed!

No, I didn't notice.
Gorgon Heap said:
And there was a funny bit with him in "At the Dance" on the Jean Stapleton episode, in which he's dancing with a woman who has no mouth.
Crazy Harrys dancing patner, Tanya, from The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence, didn't have a mouth either. Is this the same woman?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Nope, it was a new character, used I think only in that episode and that sketch.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

minor muppetz said:
first season episodes with Muppet labs include the ones with Paul Williams, Peter Ustinov, Avery Schriver, and Phyllys Diller. Outside of Muppet Labs in the first season, he appeared in the openign of the Peter Ustinov episode, in the good nights in the Avery Schriver episode, as an art student in the "that face" song from the Candace bergan episode, and in At The Dance in either the episode with Florence Henderson or Sandy Duncan (i can't remember which one).
The Season 1 "At the Dance" segments that Bunsen appears in are the ones in the Sandy Duncan and Candice Bergen episodes.