Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I like that, year of the go-fer, its cute, like Scooter :wink:

I joined your Facebook page, I was so happy I found it :smile:
Thank you and thanks for joining my page! :smile:

Seconded. I think Disney has made a conscious decision to bring Scooter back to the forefront recently, so I think it's likely we'll see more of him in 2012. I really want to get the Palisades Scooter Bust, but I can't get it any cheaper than $80 on eBay, so I have to choose between that or the Dark Crystal Mystic Statue. Tough choice for me.
I've been wanting to get that bust too. I tried finding cheaper prices a while back, I should probably look again.

I hope they do new Scooter merchandise for the movie and not just sell us the usual Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe, Animal merchandise. I would love for them to do a new Scooter plush toy. A friend of mine bought me one from ebay for christmas last year. It's from the '70s so it's a little worn down but I still love it and still have him sitting on my desk in my room :wink:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Someday I'm going to have to purchase a small amount of web property somewhere and put my Scooter fansite back up. *pauses to curse Geocities*

Scooter's been my favorite Muppet for a long time, although I don't think I realized how much I liked him until he was, well, gone. There are times that I wonder what sort of roles he could have played in the Muppet projects he was absent from (for instance, wouldn't he have made a perfect Nephew Fred in Muppet Christmas Carol?).

One of the first roleplay communities I got into on LiveJournal was a prompt writing community called Theatrical Muse, and Scooter was the first journal I made for that site. I've been RP-ing him for six years now and it's been quite fun, exploring aspects of his personality and developing his background.

-Kim

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Scooter's been my favorite Muppet for a long time, although I don't think I realized how much I liked him until he was, well, gone. There are times that I wonder what sort of roles he could have played in the Muppet projects he was absent from (for instance, wouldn't he have made a perfect Nephew Fred in Muppet Christmas Carol?).
It's interesting you bring that up; A while back I was talking to a member/admin of my Scooter fan page and I remember her saying that she thought Scooter would've fit perfectly as Jim Hawkins in Muppet Treasure Island and that idea just got me really excited and really made wish it could've happened. One of the reasons is that I think it would've been really great/ interesting to see Scooter, Gonzo and Rizzo working closely together.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this and I can't really describe it well, but I'll try to the best of my ability: I think Scooter and Rizzo would've or do have a good (unseen) connection. I feel that had Richard not left us before Rizzo became a main character, we would've gotten to see more scenes between the two characters. They did have that one little exchange in the Muppet*Vision 3D Pre-Show film ("Rizzo, you're disgusting!"). Rizzo also basically had Scooter's job as go-fer in Muppets Tonight. They kinda worked together a little in one scene in IAVMMCM too. Plus, Richard and Steve Whitmire, I think, had great chemistry and worked well together - as evidenced by (from the Fraggle Rock episodes I've seen so far) a character played by Richard was in a story with Wembley (The Wizard, Mudwell the Mud Bunny, etc).

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
It's interesting you bring that up; A while back I was talking to a member/admin of my Scooter fan page and I remember her saying that she thought Scooter would've fit perfectly as Jim Hawkins in Muppet Treasure Island and that idea just got me really excited and really made wish it could've happened. One of the reasons is that I think it would've been really great/ interesting to see Scooter, Gonzo and Rizzo working closely together.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this and I can't really describe it well, but I'll try to the best of my ability: I think Scooter and Rizzo would've or do have a good (unseen) connection. I feel that had Richard not left us before Rizzo became a main character, we would've gotten to see more scenes between the two characters. They did have that one little exchange in the Muppet*Vision 3D Pre-Show film ("Rizzo, you're disgusting!"). Rizzo also basically had Scooter's job as go-fer in Muppets Tonight. They kinda worked together a little in one scene in IAVMMCM too. Plus, Richard and Steve Whitmire, I think, had great chemistry and worked well together - as evidenced by (from the Fraggle Rock episodes I've seen so far) a character played by Richard was in a story with Wembley (The Wizard, Mudwell the Mud Bunny, etc).
I love Mudwell! He was such a good character!

We Got Us

Reaction score
It's interesting you bring that up; A while back I was talking to a member/admin of my Scooter fan page and I remember her saying that she thought Scooter would've fit perfectly as Jim Hawkins in Muppet Treasure Island and that idea just got me really excited and really made wish it could've happened.
Scooter could have been a great Jim Hawkins and an even better Scrooge's nephew (as someone mentioned) I hope if they plan on doing any more classic story retellings they put the go-fer where he belongs...he's gotta work cheaper than those other guys.:wink:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Scooter could have been a great Jim Hawkins and an even better Scrooge's nephew (as someone mentioned) I hope if they plan on doing any more classic story retellings they put the go-fer where he belongs...he's gotta work cheaper than those other guys.:wink:
Well I know recently there was a SLEW of graphic novel Muppet adaptations of classic stories released by BOOM! studios, such as Peter Pan, Snow White, Robin Hood, and King Arthur. According to the cover of Muppets Peter Pan, Scooter plays the role of John Darling, a role he also played in Muppet Babies' Classic Children's Tales.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I know recently there was a SLEW of graphic novel Muppet adaptations of classic stories released by BOOM! studios, such as Peter Pan, Snow White, Robin Hood, and King Arthur. According to the cover of Muppets Peter Pan, Scooter plays the role of John Darling, a role he also played in Muppet Babies' Classic Children's Tales.
Scooterforever, just wanted to say I like your avatar, Sir Didymus is one of my favorites, lol.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Scooter: "Hey, Kermit, somebody outside was trying to break the lock on your bicycle."

Kermit: *gasp!*

Scooter: "But I stopped 'em."

Kermit: "What'd you do?"

Scooter: "I told 'em the combination."

-One of my favorite Scooter moments. While we're on the subject of how cute he is. :wink:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Scooterforever, just wanted to say I like your avatar, Sir Didymus is one of my favorites, lol.
Thanks, I still want to get some Sir Didymus merch, but other than the scarce 1986 plush dolls there isn't any. Wish Plan B Toys would've made statues of the 4 main characters rather than background goblins.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I can't help but love Scooter. Before I was born, my parents used him as my nickname when they talked about me (even though I'm a girl) :smile: They also bought a Scooter ornament for our tree, which I will always treasure. I'm a big fan of his sister, too.