Scary Fraggle Moments

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Definitely, the Mean Genie episode disturbed me as a kid, I can still remember watching in my Family Room. Still, it's a really good story; the lesson is if you don't stand up to evil, it will just continue to grow.

I don't remember being scared of the Gorgs. But I remember not liking the beginning of the show's theme song, the pan into Doc's window with the music playing. That always freaked me out and I tried to avoid watching the beginning of the show sometimes!

Emosewa

Reaction score
For some reason that flying bug thing from the episode where Mokey was named the new oracle of the fraggles kind of creeped me out. ^_^

superboober

Reaction score
What would scare me was the episode where they all got gassed with the boredom juice (no wonder Boober left early; he probably could guess something terrible was about to happen and was warranted for once). While any instance of them under hynosis was disturbing to a 4 year old, this was the worst of all, with me getting the feeling that all life had been irreparably drained from them given how mechanically they'd respond "Boring." to everything. An episode every would-be al-Qaida operative should look at before he'd consider pushing the detonator.

Muppets Forever

Reaction score
I have so many. 1. Any time Wander McMooch appeared. He gave me nightmares.I actually thought that he was going to get me when I was a child.:eek: 2. The terrible tunnel. 3.The fraggle wars, with the humorless fraggles. 3.Beyond the Pond, with the underwater fraggles, 4. The episode with the pink blob that ate the doozers. 5. The episode with the caves of bordem. 5. The episode where Mokey went on a trip and Red decided to sneak along and there was some scary creature make of rocks or boulders. 6. When Red and Boober were in a cave in. 7. Now I can't remember why this episode scared me so much but, the episode where the Fraggles found a porthole and they went into "outerspace" and there were garden gnomes all around.:smirk: Now I'm sure there are many other episodes that scared me but these are all that I could remember at the minute:excited:

nickmetroid

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock scary?

Well there is one. Mokey when she opens her eyes. That is FREAKY stuff man! :eek: meep!

Other than that, the sea monster in 'Red's sea monster' who has a 'trumpet' on his head. Let's just say I'll leave it at that.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I don't think that any of the Fraggle shows were scary but I think the closest I came to being ' scared ' would have to be ' The Bells Of Fraggle Rock, where Gobo finds his friends all frozen. I was watching that one with a friend of mine who said that they did something bad and God was punishing them. And for some reason that always stuck in the back of my mind. lol
* Did I meantion that I'm slightly insane. * j/k :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
The only two instances that I can think of were when I was very little. Keep in mind, that most of the episodes I've seen, I've only seen very recently. So there are certain things that I can see how they might be percieved as scary, without being scared myself.
The two moments that scarred me about sixteen or so years ago were:
1. The moment in "The Great Raddish Caper" when Mokey is first caught, and is talking to Junior. I don't remember the trap, but I remember Junior catching her, and I think Mokey was frightened at first. Can someone please fill me in on the details?
2. The moment in "A Friend In Need" when Gobo is talking to the monster, (I didn't even register that it was Sprocket), and the monster is kind of wimpering, and I thaught he was going to hurt Gobo! In both cases, this is all I can remember of the episode,.

T

Twiddlebug

My last post was meant to follow this post
Some of the Fraggles found Marjorie frightening. Boober especially. *wink wink*

She was much more frightening early on in the series, in my mind. Back when she was sort of dimwitted and dangerous. She is monstrous when you first look at her, a sort of motley Jabba the Hutt. But deep down she's a big cuddly mother-figure.