Sayings on Muppet Shirts

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah. We know that it's Animal, so why put his name on the shirt? We know they're hecklers, so why write "boo" on the shirt? We know... well, you get the idea.

If they're going to write anything on the shirt, write something that doesn't insult our inteligence.

I'd like to see a shirt with Kermit sitting under a rainbow with the caption "Why are there so many sogns about rainbows?" Like those shirts you see with the philisophical questions on 'em and stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The parody ones are cute and Funny, but I agree some of the sayings are , for lack of a better word, Dumb. I mean, the Button with :confused: saying, "I have no Eyeballs" that's funny for like 5 seconds. It's like they gave kindergarteners pictures of them and told them to write something on them. And other than the ones that said, "Poop, Pee", or "fart." (if you know kids, you'll get the joke) they used the Wassup and I have no eyeball ones. I mean, the gift cards have funnier sayings on them like, "Frankly, this store scares me, so I'll let you do the shopping." But the Count button would kick butt without the lame caption, "I can Count" (yes you can! that's why they call you the count...)

I mean, if they uise catchphrases like, "Wocka Wocka" or, "Hi ho there" or even, "Me want Cookies" yes, Text is fine, but , "Oh.. you don't go their" or dated 1999 related catchphrases are pretty dumb....

:sleep: :boo:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I mean, the Button with :confused: saying, "I have no Eyeballs" that's funny for like 5 seconds.
EXACTLY!

I was going to say something about those but I had to leave so I cut my post short.

Its like, there are certain things about Muppets that make them unique and thus original, and in many ways ingenius in the field of puppetry (and entertainment in general). Yes, WE KNOW he doesn't have eyeballs! THAT'S WHAT MAKES HIM UNIQUE!! Its the same as having a Blue Man Group button that says "We're Blue!!" on it. That is what makes them indivisuals that stick out from the crowd of mundane similarities. There is absolutely no need to point out the difference. That to me is summed up by one word; uncool.

It reminds me of the stupid kids at school who (for example) see a gothic kid and feel the need to say something like "OOOH! He's gothic!" Yes! Yes he is! That fact is obvious! WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO POINT IT OUT?! Doing things like that is just plain idiotic, and in the original context, very far beneath the Muppets. You'd think that JHC could hire better product designers. :mad:

Also in relation to the Bunsen button specifically, him stating the fact that he doesn't have eyeballs fully destroys the Muppet reality. In all Muppet productions, they take themselves seriously; as real-life beings in the real world. Him acknowledging this characteristic kills the idea that his lack of eyeballs is a natural occurance, brought by life itself, rather than the hand of a puppet builder. When the Muppet reality is killed, the Muppets cease living as actual beings, and become nothing more than their elements; felt and foam rubber, manipulated by a puppeteer. Further still...they become fake.

-Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, the :confused: pin should say something like," Genius at work" or "It's a lovely Day for Science" (scratch the last one... I think that Dexter took that one...)

I have no eyeballs is something TArdy the Turtle would come up with....

Once agian, it's like 5 year olds designed the buttons and they should say something like, "Poop" "Pee" "Fart" or "Boobies" or some such juvenile hoohah!!!

Now here's the kind of sayings I wouldn't Mind

Kermit: It's time to get this show on the road

Piggy: Do not hate moi because I'm beautiful

Fozzie: Here's another unBEARable pun....

Animal: LOVE DRUMS!!!!

Gonzo: National Spoon Balancer finalist

Pepe: ... well... idiot does kinda fit with him....

Count VonCount: One Wonderful Count

etc...

here are examples of stupid ones

Kerm: WASSSSSUP!!!

Piggy: Who let the hogs out

Fozzie: Fizozzie bizaer is in da hizzyhouse....

Animal: (Lame sex refference)

Gonzo: oh no you don't

Count: I like Numbers

Bunsen: I'm a puppet (or ) Snoopy snoopy snoopy (actually, I bet they make the last one... it's too stupid, it'll work)

Why don't they have to get henson to OK the text first? Or better yet... no text at all!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! I'm with no text at all. I wouldn't wear any of those. I just don't wear clothes that you have to read. :eek:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Gonzo: National Spoon Balancer finalist
Why don't they have to get henson to OK the text first? Or better yet... no text at all!

I agree with the no text except for the Gonzo one. That would be the coolest one ever!!:excited:

pepefan

Reaction score
Actually i'm kinda drawn toward the Pepe for president button. but i sure would like a shirt w/ just Pepe on it about now!:rolleyes:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by pepefan
Actually i'm kinda drawn toward the Pepe for president button. but i sure would like a shirt w/ just Pepe on it about now!:rolleyes:
In my opinion, the two 'for president' ones are different. I really like the Gonzo one....I don't think it's a cheesy, lame slogan like the others.

Gonzo

Reaction score
...and neither Pepe nor Gonzo would have us in our current predicament...

But that's for another thread.

I would like some "plain" iconic shirts of the major characters--they've done it with Sesame Street (in the 1990's at the Sesame Street General Store) (R.I.P.), I wish they'd do it with my Muppets.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Also in relation to the Bunsen button specifically, him stating the fact that he doesn't have eyeballs fully destroys the Muppet reality. In all Muppet productions, they take themselves seriously; as real-life beings in the real world. Him acknowledging this characteristic kills the idea that his lack of eyeballs is a natural occurance, brought by life itself, rather than the hand of a puppet builder. When the Muppet reality is killed, the Muppets cease living as actual beings, and become nothing more than their elements; felt and foam rubber, manipulated by a puppeteer. Further still...they become fake.
Although there have been a few instances where the Muppets play off that very thing, joking about their Muppet reality. Frank Oz characters especially it seems. I remember Miss Piggy on a Tonight Show appearance with Jay Leno where Jay blindfolded her. As he was covering her eyes, she was making sarcastic comments something to the effect of, "You realize what I am, right? Ahh well. If you believe, I believe." Cookie Monster's done stuff like that too.

But anyway, back to Muppet fashion statements. Some of the more simple messages can have humorous multiple meanings. Like, um... the Muppet underwear with Kermit! :eek: :rolleyes: :concern:

Most of the shirts I have don't have any captions or sayings on them. In fact, there's only one that I have that I can think of right now that actually says something on it. Underneath a picture of Kermit in a stream, it says "Fly fishing with Kermit".

Maybe that just goes to show how much I read (or don't read) people's clothing.

And I have eyeballs! :confused: