Say this isn't so...is Doc gone?

Convincing John

Reaction score
I logged into Facebook just now and there is something at the "Fraggle Rock: The Movie" page I read. They posted this about 10 minutes ago:

The man who played Doc (Gerard Parkes), Sprockets owner, has since passed away. Would you like that role to be reprised? If so, by who?

Read for yourself right here...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?/pages/Fraggle-Rock-the-Movie/143674702322930

I hope they're wrong...please tell me someone just got their facts screwed up or it's a rumor. If it's true, we just lost Doc.

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
Okay, it looks like they deleted their post about it. I just refreshed their page and it isn't there anymore. Now it's a revised post, which says:

Would you like that role of Doc (Sprockets owner) to be reprised?

I just hope someone made a typo and Mr. Parkes is still with us. Hopefully, they just meant to originally type "If Gerry Parkes passed away..."

Anyone on Facebook should check up on that page (and the Muppet Wiki) just to be sure. I was all set to watch Muppet Family Christmas this weekend, too.

I hope Doc's okay... (makes Kermit's worried face)

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
Doc's Okay!

Well, everyone, no need to worry. Gerry Parkes is just fine. WHEW! I checked yet another post about it and it they said "Sorry, there was some misinformation."

Thank goodness! "The Doc's ALIVE! The Doc's alive! He's in the Old West but he's alive!" (Whoops, wrong movie...):smile:

Sorry if I upset anyone. If one of the mods wants to delete this thread, go ahead. I'm just grateful that it was just a typo! Doc's OK! Yaaaaaay!

Convincing John

zns

Reaction score
Well, everyone, no need to worry. Gerry Parkes is just fine. WHEW! I checked yet another post about it and it they said "Sorry, there was some misinformation."

Thank goodness! "The Doc's ALIVE! The Doc's alive! He's in the Old West but he's alive!" (Whoops, wrong movie...):smile:

Sorry if I upset anyone. If one of the mods wants to delete this thread, go ahead. I'm just grateful that it was just a typo! Doc's OK! Yaaaaaay!

Convincing John
It's terrible how we can get scared like that. Always remeber, "You cannot leave the magic".

Skye

Reaction score

Convincing John
First off, total bonus points for the awesome BTTF reference! :big_grin:

And second, so glad that Gerry's ok! Thanks for letting us know just incase it was true, and thanks for keeping the updates coming as you found 'em! :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wouldn't make this joke if we did lose him, but since we know he's okay for now i'll say it...

When the sad time comes when we do lose Gerry, Obsessed Muppet Fans the world over will cry out, "Doc gone!"

(first thing that popped in my head when i saw this thread's title!)