Sad? Why shouldnt I be?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I've just looked at the clock and its now 6:45pm, which means I'll have to log off soon, which means the night is nearlly over, which means I'll have to go to school tomorrow which means I have to face those awful people again. I really despise the place, I'm bullied terribly because I'm gay, and throughout the entire place I have two friends (although they are two awesome friends who I couldnt function without.) I cant talk to anyone I know about it because they dont really get what I'm going through. Seriously, there are 3 minutes between my lessons where I have to cross the yard and in those 3 minutes outside of lessons I get about 15 comments hurled at me from different people. It's even worse at break when there are 15 minutes and even worse at lunch where I have to hide in the library just to stop all of the narrow-minded people shouting abusive things at me!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I never had more than 3 or 4 friends in high school either, but they're all still my friends now! (I graduated in 1990.) I wouldn't worry in the long term about that, you know, as I used to have the same stuff yelled at me across the yard, and I wasn't even gay! They would just say I am, thinking that it would upset me for some sick reason. I don't think that I am, though, ask my wife! :smile: In any event, it's hard to deal with while it's happening, I know, but years later it seems so trivial, and unimportant. Soon, you'll have more important things to worry about, like your living expenses!!

Just put on a good record (or CD, I suppose), relax, and get through another day...trust me....it's the little things that can get you through and make life worthwhile.

later
eric

Barry Lee

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
I've just looked at the clock and its now 6:45pm, which means I'll have to log off soon, which means the night is nearlly over, which means I'll have to go to school tomorrow which means I have to face those awful people again. I really despise the place, I'm bullied terribly because I'm gay, and throughout the entire place I have two friends (although they are two awesome friends who I couldnt function without.) I cant talk to anyone I know about it because they dont really get what I'm going through. Seriously, there are 3 minutes between my lessons where I have to cross the yard and in those 3 minutes outside of lessons I get about 15 comments hurled at me from different people. It's even worse at break when there are 15 minutes and even worse at lunch where I have to hide in the library just to stop all of the narrow-minded people shouting abusive things at me!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Okay listen too me for a second please.If people don't aprieate who the heck you are than ignore them or leave them alone,you might be better than those jerks who bully you,you might be more good hearted then them! So you know what,just because you are gay doesn't mean you aren't special,everyone is special and his or her way,everyone in this forum is your freind,so at least you got freinds who can trust you and won't care if you are gay or NOT! So listen,the thing is I am trying to tell you is that be confident in yourself,we all here are freinds with you okay? So just because the bullies beat the crap out of ya,doesn't mean that you aren't better than them,you are you are nicer than them so think about it okay? Who is nicer you or the bully someday you will see him in jail while you are with a partner and you own a succesful buisness. So think about it. All I gotta say.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
errrr...

Smy Guiley said:
I never had more than 3 or 4 friends in high school either, but they're all still my friends now! (I graduated in 1990.) I wouldn't worry in the long term about that, you know, as I used to have the same stuff yelled at me across the yard, and I wasn't even gay! They would just say I am, thinking that it would upset me for some sick reason. I don't think that I am, though, ask my wife! :smile: In any event, it's hard to deal with while it's happening, I know, but years later it seems so trivial, and unimportant. Soon, you'll have more important things to worry about, like your living expenses!!

Just put on a good record (or CD, I suppose), relax, and get through another day...trust me....it's the little things that can get you through and make life worthwhile.

later
eric
Trust me Eric they call me gay even though I am not,I HATE IT!!:grouchy:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I know, it's not easy, and think about it:

If the whole world was gay, we'd all be insulted by people calling us straight names!

"Ay! Look at the big macho hetero stud! Hey hetero! Ya gonna sleep with a GIRL tonight???"

See how silly that sounds?

Beebers

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Hey, wait a minute - have you no support, other than these buddies - is there no one you can garner support from, staff, teachers, family, no one you might talk with freely about this? I don't mind telling you this stuff makes me see clouds of little red dots in my eyes, there should be no ground given to this junk, it just burns me up beyond comprehension. *finds handy object, hurls it through window, hopes no neighbors notice* There should be zero tolerance for this stuff, no matter WHAT anybody is, what is your school's policy? Do they HAVE a policy? Can I write them? Bump them off and I'll take over? Give me a fight, baby, and this is perfect, I've fought fights like this on behalf of the underdogs and I'm just itchin'. Do not be alone with this and your post is a good start. Where's your family on this? Are other, more enlightened schools an option? Excuse me while I go get a plane ticket and put on my boxing gloves. This is Not Acceptable. Have you support at home??? #@%!!@@##@!!#$$#@@$!!

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

Whatever

Reaction score
*giggles at Beebers' post* I am easily amused today. I know you mean it, though.
:big_grin:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I'm fine really, my friends help me through it. I was just a bit sad last night and fancied some attention! :wink: And thankyou Beeber, what you said was sweet!

Dan

xx

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Sonny Koufax (Big Daddy) taught us that friends can be just as important as family, for it's the people who accept us and love us for who we are who are truly important in our lives. Don't let the b******s get you down, Tutterthemouse. I hated middle school and high school, for those were the years I was beaten down verbally and emotionally. Even the people I hung out with made fun of me because I was a huge dork. That is probably the reason I'm such a jerk these days. I just have a very cynical outlook on humanity (Bill Maher helps me realize that this is actually okay) and people like my wife and the Muppets give me hope. As you can see, I internalize with movie characters and celebrities because to this day I have so few friends. I am trying to become a more positive person because I don't like being a jerk. If I watch old home movies from my childhood, I was quite happy. Then I pop in a tape from my teen years and I see the transformation. I was so unhappy that I shut out even my family. I let it build up so much over the years that one night out of frustration and stupidity I did something that landed me in jail overnight. I am still ashamed of the decision I made (it was totally dumb) and it changed the way my parents saw me probably forever. However, it was a huge wake-up call. When my parents got past not trusting me, we began talking more and it strengthened our relationship. I pretty much cut off ties with the people I was hanging out with and made new friends in college (where I also met my wife). I started getting along with my siblings (a younger bro and younger sis). When I got off probation, I took a job in security (completely the opposite of the thing I did) and stayed in that business for three years. Now, I work with kids and am pretty happy overall. I have six hours in the middle of my day where I skulk around and read, write, work out, work on my internet class and hang out on MuppetCentral. I've realized that I want to become a teacher and be a positive influence for all kids, especially the outcasts. Things seem to just keep getting better.

Holy cow this was a long post. Sorry Tutterthemouse. I went from wanting to say something uplifting about your dilemma to going on a tangent about my own problems. I think I needed to get it off my chest. Maybe the moral is that things can and will get better as you mature and meet new people. It's good that you have friends you can turn to and that you're comfortable saying things to us here at MC. As I seem to have confirmed, it's good to let the bad things go. Good luck with everything, and I wish you well.
-Ryan

Beebers

Reaction score
Well, I was a hippie kid, a real one. We were The Coolest of All, we really were, because we didn't participate in all the junk. We were A World Unto Our Own. Everybody wanted to be with us. We always took in the misbegotten, in school. Always. Never were we snobs. We had many friends we took under our wing who were having, or being given, a hard time. I was one of the Cool Kids who wouldn't stand for this social nonsense and would spring to the ready for anyone, any underdog. To this day I am still this way and always will be. (Hence, being a Red Sox!!!! fan). There ARE Cool People out there who don't stand for nonsense, and I was one and still am. So there. lol. I actually decked more than one bully and I'm a little chick. That was in the days when you could settle things nicely and for good that way.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I can hear Beth laughing.