Russi Taylor the original voice of Baby Gonzo has passed away at age 75

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Despite Wayne Allwine being the official Mickey Mouse voice since the late 70s, there have been others - and still continue to be others - voicing the character at times. Since his death, his understudy, Bret Iwan, is the official voice actor for Mickey, but again, there are occasionally others, such as Chris Diamantopoulos for those animated YouTube shorts - mainly because since those are modeled after the classic Disney shorts of Walt's era, they wanted somebody who sounded more like Walt's Mickey Mouse voice . . . so, depending on what, exactly, Disney wants, my guess is they'll bring in anybody who they feel can give them the particular sound they want for Minnie in whatever project they're working on. They've already got Tress MacNeil, who is easily one of the voice acting queens of our generations, doing Daisy . . . if she can reach a register much higher than Dot/Babs/Gadget, they may even use her for Minnie.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Another childhood star of mine is gone...first Sean McCann, who played Noah Tomten on The Noddy Shop and the grandpa on Little Bear (I didn't learn of this role of his until his death, which shocked me because I LOVED Little Bear as a kid and would watch this one tape I had of it about winter over and over), and now the person who played Minnie, Baby Gonzo and some characters on the My Little Pony show I used to watch on DVD! 2019 is a bad year for celebrities...

snichols1973

Reaction score
Some people over on Wikipedia said that she either died from diabetes or from routine illness.
According to the death section on her Wikipedia site: "Taylor died from colon cancer on July 26, 2019, at her home in Glendale, California, at the age of 75."

Russi is also well-known as the voices of Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby from the original 1987 version of DuckTales, as well as Martin Prince, and twins Sherri and Terri from The Simpsons.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
According to the death section on her Wikipedia site: "Taylor died from colon cancer on July 26, 2019, at her home in Glendale, California, at the age of 75."

Russi is also well-known as the voices of Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby from the original 1987 version of DuckTales, as well as Martin Prince, and twins Sherri and Terri from The Simpsons.
Thank you. I already knew that.