Rumour: Charles Ross -- Muppet Impressionist?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I heard an interview on Radio 1 yesterday with This guy. Charles Ross -- a man who has a one-man show of Lord of the Rings in 70 minutes, and the entire Star Wars series in an hour -- and he explained that his next project might be "The Muppet Show."

I, of course, sat up and started listening.

He said that his next project would involve taking classic movies and casting the Muppets in them -- I immediately thought, "Disney will sue you to death." -- But he went on to say that Disney had been in contact with him about this!

Although I am still unsure exactly what it involves, because he also said that he's not good at doing impressions of the Muppets (and did a horrible impression of Piggy). So I doubt it can be audio books (Unless he is writing them, and the real Muppets are recording?)

But it's obviously not movies...or novels...Did anyone else hear this? Does anyone have anymore details?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Muppets Top Gun in the Works?

According to Charles Ross (he of the one-man Star Wars, and one-man Lord of the Rings fame), this is a project that he (and Disney) are working on. As yet, no news as to whether this (and Muppets Terms of Enderment, and Muppets Dirty Dancing) will be comics, audio-books, or movies.

All I know if that he is an impressionist, and he is thinking of working with The Muppets, and he has been on the phone with Disney (they called him, apparently) discussing how this recasting classic movies with Muppets would work.

I, for one, am both interested...and trepiditious (is that even a word?).

I am trying to get the audio clip online, as we speak, and will link you once it's on youtube.

(This uploading of Audio is just NOT happening...tsk...Any thoughts on uploading audio? It's only about 40 seconds...)

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Well, if you have Windows on your computer, try going into windows movie maker, and inport the audio. Put a picture in there, and put the audio in there, and save as a movie. You can upload it that way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Woah... okay... for a second, I thought this was gonna be the next movie, and they weren't going with the Segal and Stoller script.