Rumors of Disney Muppet Projects...

McFraggle

Reaction score
Randlev said:
Yeah, everytime I've been on Muppetvision it's been fairly crowded, and the Imagineers really did an awesome job. I could spend all day walking around that building and in the pre-show area, it's just incredible. And be sure to lift up the mat in front of Pop's window.

I don't see Muppetvision changing any time soon. Jim Henson's last Kermit performance should go on for a good while longer. I would however not be surprised to see a new muppet ride in the area, maybe an E-Ticket like The Great Muppet Movie Ride or Miss Piggy's Hollywood, as we'll probably see in DCA soon.
I expect something like that as well. Just wondering: what is beneath the mat? :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Popos has a window at muppet vision? Where? I never saw it.

WiGgY

Reaction score
crazy ernie said:
My idea for a DVD version of MV3D would be that the film is famed by the muppet theater with Sttatler and Waldorf on one side of the frame in their box, and having the other box where Bean would be on the other side. Also, there would be an option to watch the film without the theater frame.
It's a nice idea, but the film is interactive in away. I mean, it all about seeing the puppets live and the Swedish Chef firing.

I think the movie should be in the park forever. Everytiume I went the line was pretty much full. They should just build around it and turn MGM studios into Muppets Grand Mayhem Studios or something. Not much is going on there anyway. The Star Tours ride could be moved to a different park like tomorrow land.

beaker

Reaction score
If anyone has even a 20th gen 2d scan of the mv3d I got stuff to trade! But seriously, they put shrek 3d on dvd, I would love to see mv3d on dvd someday.
I mean, paying $80 to go to some rinky dinky disneyland extention just to see this isnt my idea of wise budgeting.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, we need Muppets@WDW on dvd. Seriously one of the best Muppet productions, period.

McFraggle

Reaction score
beaker said:
AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, we need Muppets@WDW on dvd. Seriously one of the best Muppet productions, period.
I second that. :big_grin:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
Hmmm.....

beaker said:
yeah, the Muppets are not seen as very hip by anyone other than mostly college aged kids.

If these rumors are true...that would be awesome...we need a new Muppet Vision 3d, BADLY. That would just be wonderful...and a complete expansion and renovation of a 'Muppet' area of WDW and Calif Adv. Swedish Chef diner, etc.
To each their own. In opinion.
That is how I see that. Only appealing to college aged kids? Where do you get your information?
But they could make a new MV3D, and show it as a double feature at the parks. I would love to be able to see it on DVD. But it would probably end up being a Theme Park only item. Which would be bad for me. :frown:
I can't just drive to either Disney park without planning a week to get there.

But they definately shouldnt can Jim Hensons last film! I had waited and waited to see Muppet Vision 3D, and I never had the chance until after I had graduated High School when we could finally afford to go. I saw it seven times that day, savoring every moment. The first time I saw it though, I had tears in my eyes. That was how much it meant to me to see it. Call me obsessed if you like. I don't care. But they shouldn't just get rid of it. :eek:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I agree that it does hold a special place because it his last film. :smile:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
And whats up with the extended wait on muppets.com!! :mad:

I also saw that there is a chance to vote for your favorite episodes of the Cosby Show for Nick at Nite. I looked through the list and the episode from season six entitled: "Cliff's Nightmare" featuring the Muppets after the death of Jim Henson, wasn't on the list at all! Why? I have been waiting and waitng for them to reair the episode and I seem to miss it every time. Maybe I should just watch the schedules or something. :concern:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Bubbadog said:
And whats up with the extended wait on muppets.com!! :mad:

I also saw that there is a chance to vote for your favorite episodes of the Cosby Show for Nick at Nite. I looked through the list and the episode from season six entitled: "Cliff's Nightmare" featuring the Muppets after the death of Jim Henson, wasn't on the list at all! Why? I have been waiting and waitng for them to reair the episode and I seem to miss it every time. Maybe I should just watch the schedules or something. :concern:
Probably because it is one of the most bizarre episodes of the show, and I doubt that it's one of the most popular "Cosby" episodes anyway. :smile:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
Probably because it is one of the most bizarre episodes of the show, and I doubt that it's one of the most popular "Cosby" episodes anyway. :smile:
That's too bad. It was my favorite anyway. :sympathy:
Oh well.