Rumor: Disney to release Muppet Movie DVD

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I really don't think we will have a special edition it would be nice but I don't know.:sympathy:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
oh no! I hope no one is :mad: at me! :frown: I was ONLY postin what I was told and thought it would be nice to share with every one at good ol MC :halo:

christyb

Reaction score
No one's mad at you Mickey. Thanks for letting us know. I've been wanting to get DVD version of the movie and I'm glad that there's at least a rumor that it's coming out. As for now..I'm happy with my VHS copy. Again Thanks for letting us know.

reevefan

Reaction score
I would love to get The Great Muppet Caper on DVD... I have the other 2 TMM and MTMH on DVD and would love to own TGMC on DVD... Now if we could get the soundtracks and even some new editions of the Tumbler glasses from The Geat Muppet Caper would be really cool too...

My sister has the original great Muppet Caper glasses down at her camper... I will ask her if I can have them......

I missed out on the original DVD release of the Great muppet Caper the first time around....

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
is any body else "jonesin" for Muppet Commentary on the DVD's it would be nice to get some insight into the puppetering of the muppets shot setup. directing things like that is way i buy DVD's

dwmckim

Reaction score
While i also question the integrity of a Disney Store manager as an insider, it is inevitable that at some point SOMETIME there will be a rerelease of The Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan, and Muppets From Space on DVD since these were released under Columbia. At some point they will go out of print and Disney will want to revive them with the bucks going to them.

Yes, its possible that they could just simply rerelease the existing dvds with their own label stamped on but it wouldnt make sense to do so. For one thing, there would at least be some kind of difference in the packaging if not the content to differentiate it from the other past dvds (different covers for example). Second and more important...it would be bad business to rerelease the movies on dvds with no new extras...there would be no incentive for people who bought the prior dvds to buy them. Any marketing person worth his salt will include several very enticing extras and will put it out with the label *Special Edition*.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Is the muppet caper available on DVD?
And were can i get a dvd version of the muppet movie?
can anyone help?

christyb

Reaction score
Try Wal-mart's website. I know they used to have both in stock on DVD. If you don't purchase things online (like me) you could always check a wal-mart that's nearest you (do they have those in Ireland) (wait would the DVDs even work over there??)

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
thanks for the help Christy
But no we dont have wall mart, but there are rumors that they could be coming here.
And you need a region free DVD player to play american region 1 DVDs here.
Any one in the UK know were to get them? :crazy:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Uncle deadly said:
thanks for the help Christy
But no we dont have wall mart, but there are rumors that they could be coming here.
And you need a region free DVD player to play american region 1 DVDs here.
Any one in the UK know were to get them? :crazy:
There are other ways to get them in the UK than ordering a regioncode 1 copy. Buy the movie boxset that was released in the uk (this is the only R2 version that have been released of the muppet movie and the great caper). But hurry up since it was released by colombi/tristar it's have gone out of production aswell as all the other muppet releases they have. Buy a used copy from ebay or get it from a trade. Finally you could just wait to see if Disney will re-release it at sometime.
In August I ordered the great caper from 4 different US online stores before I got my hands on it, because it was running out of stock. So hurry up if you want it now.