Rumor: Abby gets own segment

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Are they NUTS ?

I mean totally ruining the 40th anniversary of the show by adding ANOTHER Abby Segment ?

I mean this is suppose to be the 40th anniversary of the show, and it would really do us and some of the future generations some good if they try to show some more of the old segements of the show.

Either that or use:wisdom: as an entrence to the past of the show.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
It does not matter how many years SS has been on.

They're not gonna rerun old clips or do the stuff paeople like you want them to do.

Their focus is on the youngsters and not people like you who still choose to watch the show regularly.

So remember that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Their focus is on the youngsters and not people like you who still choose to watch the show regularly.
And there's no reason the youngsters can't see older clips. They showed '70s clips when it was the '80s and no one complained. Kids don't change that much, they still appreciate quality. :wink:

And an anniversary really should recognize the past, and not just talk about the future. There's no reason why both can't be done.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well maybe not but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen so let's just stop complaining about it and just get use to it.

It might make people like you feel better but what good is it gonna do?

We have the youtube.

The SW Classic Clips site

and the DVD's to watch.

So let's just leave it alone.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You never know the future before it happens. And things change if people make them. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There is so much potential for character development and exploration on Abby's part. For instance, an episode where she gets extremely depressed after not being able to do magic right, and she decides not to bother trying to be a fairy anymore... and then her friends tell her to keep trying... or an episode where one character gets extremely jealous of her magic, teaching the all too important lesson that kids can't have everything, and they can still get along. I really want to see more of that.
I agree, the show used to go into depth more with the characters and show them actually getting upset. Having a little bit of drama is how good stories are created, even on "kid's shows." :wink:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
You are welcome to disagree but be polite about it. Think before you post. Sheesh!

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i wouldn't be surprised if she does get her own segment, but i think it would have the potential to be good. one of the things that got mentioned at the made in new york panel was that their new research shows that with the proliferation of movies & tv shows for tots, even very little kids are used to story lines of up to 90 minutes. i bet these segments are designed to appeal to that audience.

that goes directly against what they've said before about shortening & simplifying the street street scenes b/c they didn't think kids could follow the storyline broken up over an hour show. i'm with Redsonga on this one--just because the show's been down, doesn't mean they won't fix it. they're always changing things, and if they don't think something works, they change it back. i see this as an opportunity, like Drtooth and heralde say, for them to get into some actual character development and interesting plot lines.

as for lack of old segments being aired in new episodes, who cares? it doesn't mean sw doesn't think kids should watch old clips. that's why they put them on their website! the workshop is all over using new media, and thinks that with this generation, it's better than tv to get parents involved in interacting with their kids while they watch, which was the whole point of making the show appeal to adults in the first place. i think we'll see some truly innovative stuff from the workshop on the internet. i just hope they continue to make clever new clips to air on tv (and later add to the video player), but they've been doing better with that lately, so even if abby gets a segment, i think it would have potential to be good, and even if it isn't, i think they'd fix it or get rid of it. i think it'll all work out fine.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well that's a good point, the Internet is the future and probably more and more parents will start to see this. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know I'm thinking that the internet is not only a good way for kids to get older clips that they might mis out on and for their parents to share the clips that they grew up with with there kids and for there older clips to live on. But if kids get interested in older clips they are introduced to then maybe the audience that they are paying attention to the most let Sesame Workshop know just how much they really like them. I'm sure research and mail from parents on only thanking them for the clips and for, but how much their child enjoyed them and how it bonding them and bringing family's together and in the end accomplishing what they set out to do... Have parents participate with their children. So I see this as win-win.