Rocky Mountain Holiday DVD

anathema

Reaction score
As a couple of people have now confirmed, the DVD is cut. The scene where John cures Rowlf's hiccoughs by taking him for an aeroplane ride is missing entirely. The scene is backed by a piece of music, so it's possible that there was a clearance problem; however, this is just speculation on my part ;-)

So, does anybody have a good quality VHS of this bit that they could upload somewhere? Alternatively, if you have a copy but don't have the means to get it into a computer, I'd love to hear from you!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I haven't seen you post in a while, Alex, and am glad to see you're well!!

I'm thinking that the airplane ride was deleted because how John Denver died. That's only my take, though; nothing official.

I do hate when items get cut from movies and films, and if they cut it at least put it back in place for the release of the video/dvd, right??!

anathema

Reaction score
That hadn't occured to me, you could well be right there. The cut's been very neatly done, the only reason I spotted it is because I've seen the original and someone had already reported the problem :smile:

However, a more common reason for this sort of cut is that when there exists more than one edit of the programme, and the disc producer isn't very knowledgeable about the show (or doesn't care), oftimes they wind up using the first copy to hand...there's little financial incentive to get it right unless they know their market will complain otherwise. Cult programs *usually* take the trouble, but I don't think the Muppets is regarded in that way :-(

scarecroe

Reaction score
I can host a video file if someone can grab it. I would grab it myself, but I don't own the uncut version.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
anathema said:
As a couple of people have now confirmed, the DVD is cut. The scene where John cures Rowlf's hiccoughs by taking him for an aeroplane ride is missing entirely. The scene is backed by a piece of music, so it's possible that there was a clearance problem; however, this is just speculation on my part ;-)!
John Denver died in a _____ _____. Fill in the blanks and do the math. :wink:

:rolleyes: Didn't we just KNOW this was going to happen?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You're late. We already answered that one in the past 4 posts. So, nyaaa--the Trash Heap has spoken!

(Wait, did I just call myself trashy??)

anathema

Reaction score
No, but you may trash your reputation if you're not careful ;-)

dbarrie

Reaction score
You took the words out of my mouth. That's probably the most logical explanation as to why that scene was cut. It was a nice special though; I bought the DVD last night and watched it this morning.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Holy Smokes!! Is it out already??? I'll have to go buy it...TODAY!!