Rock and Rain (A Fraggle Rock Tale)

Redsonga

Reaction score
You mean Jerry Lee Lewis there RP? What happened to your other Fraggle fics RS? I'm intrigued to know about the other classes of Fraggles. But I'm rully liking Gloria here... Post when you can. :cool:
They are all alive don't worry, I just had to get this one up and edited before I add more to them. This is the sort of story that eats you alive if you just let it be IMHO:eek:. I guess now is as good of time as any to bump Everything seems to Sing for new members, since I will be adding to it again soon to (along with Wild Wind):excited:

All my Fraggle Rock Tale stories (Like An All Hallows' Love) are stand alone short stories set in the history of my version of FR and predate the song series)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Day 35​

Something is wrong with silly creatures lately.
If they aren't carrying signs written in their weird language, they are walking around looking sad or angry. Most of all the small ones (who were the most stupidly happy before).
Like the small one who said we could stay at his cave tonight.
Its' mother had the same look when it saw us.
Right now I can hear it yammering away on than horn with a string. Something about a pick up.
Odd..are they too lazy to pick up things themselves?

Day 36​

Help! Help! Kidnapping! Hair messing! Oh the indignity!
Don't they know who I am? Please whoever reads this, the black boxes are real!
I can hear running water and one of the giant snakes that swallow silly creatures rumbling overhead, I...

Day... 37?​

They didn't find my notebook. Wood chips are a fine hiding spot. I will have to be shorter from now on. Maybe that elder really wasn't wrong after all...still..still..this isn't my fault. What could Bezel have done even if...even if..if he knew...?
It's not my fault ...It if was..I...

Day 40?

Silly creature cages are much stronger than the ones gorgs use.
Too strong, you can't even see the strings or nails!
The two silly creatures that put us in here, in cages side by side, were so big that we have all taken the silent vow of silence to protect me...I mean Fraggle Rock from any type of this new evil. They mustn't know...
Not that Miara has any trouble with that...all she ever does is cry...

Day 4...5?​

They are monsters.
I can hear them in the back room hurting Bezel. He still doesn't talk..he's so brave.
Miara still cries, but only tears, she has no voice left. Her hair started to fall out two days ago and already makes their cage floor look like it is growing pink grass. She must be at least twenty days with egg.
I hate her but...no one deserves this...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Day​

The monsters in white made me drink the bitter water again.
I hate the bitter water, it makes my head burn and the spiders come. Bezel gets hurt twice a day now.
Today they took Miara for the first time. Bezel managed a good punching before they threw him back. Brave Bezel.

Day​

One spider.
My hands are bloody from the bars.
They still don't move.

Day​

Two spiders.
Celery..celery and bitter water. They get normal water but not me, no.
The monsters put Bezel in my cage.
Miara is bald now. Her egg bump shows where they cut her fur.

Please, if anyone is is still reading this..help us..help us...or stop reading please..to remember my mind in dignity...

Day​

Three spiders.
Bezel asked for paper. He spends hours now writing. He writes the marks on the walls, on our cages, on everything. Under he puts fraggle script.
My head is too dark to understand but his writing is pretty.

A folded loose piece of paper was neatly tucked into the book, written on both sides in tiny lettering, the first two lines traced boldly many times over, a mix of english and fraggle letters:

ABCDEFGHIJ...(With more). E A and others most often.
Laboratory=A place where no stories are told and no light shines.
Specimen= Those that don't talk but do.
Alien= What we don't understand.

Day​

Spiders. Bezel says the spiders aren't real. He fixed my hands again by ripping his shirt. His wonderful shirt. The walls are always closing slowly now...

Night​

Cold. So cold.
I do cry.
Bezel..Bezel holds me and we sing.
Sing in the cold.
D..dance your cares away...
worries for another day...
Let..the music...

No no it's not my fault. The monsters, they promised...If I just say where the tunnels are...
I love you Bezel...

.....​

I told.
They tried to cut my eyes.
I bit hard.
They didn't try more.

.....​

Miara had the egg.
They talk about taking it away.
Bezel showed the borrowed sharp thing for his plan.
We go or die.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Don't you think you've fallen?
If everybody wants you why isn't anybody calling?
But you really don't remember, was it something that they said, the voices in your head, calling Gloria?

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~

Rain.
It came in relentless curtains, drawing its' freezing cold grip tighter around the network of tunnels, their freshly dug apart ceiling now covered with a heavy barbed wire, letting in the view of the threading grey clouds.

The thunder boomed, drowning out the small splashes from running feet, lightening highlighting the face of a small blue fraggle, her eyes rimmed with water soaked glasses. A taller fraggle ran behind her, whipping his red haired head back at the the sound of something falling behind them. Neither was looking ahead and ran blindly into the thick metel of a sewer grate with a hollow clang.

Bezel dug with a furious pace into the oozing mud at the grates' bottom, his yellow fur splattered a deep brown by the time his companion joined in, helping to dig down downward until their fingers met rock.

"Go through! Go on, get!" Bezel commanded in sharp words against the howling wind.

"B..but..wa..a..bbout..you and Miara" Gloria shuddered, her wild eyes wide behind their cracked glasses. She was barely able to finish speaking before she found herself pushed already halfway through, wriggling the other half completely free as Bezel used his whole body to lift the cover an extra inch.

His voice was ragged when he spoke again, as she turned about toward the closed path.

"You're the only one small enough, it won't do any good if they catch us all…Here!"

The cloth surrounding the tiny glossy moss green egg fell off as it was gently pushed though one of the grates' holes, rain playing a hurried beat upon its rock like shell.

"B..But..B…Bezel, th..this is.." Gloria gasped, her hands trembling before the precious orb.

"Take it, take it and go, now!" He screamed, pushing it off into waiting arms, their owner now long since crying.

"Bezel..I've..al..always.." She began, but finished by drawing as near as she could to the nose beyond the many holed prison.

All was the kiss for the smallest of warm moments in the cold, a second that passed as quickly as a heartbeat. The moment was lost to time as the running splashes made by a single set of feet picked up again, carrying the unborn fraggle into the night …

Down toward its' rightful home of Fraggle Rock.

Somewhere, two fraggles looked on with drawn muddy faces as the light of the ditzies sealed off the tunnel behind the traveler.

Safe. Always safe.

Somewhere, their voices were a whisper…

"Magic be with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt watched as the many papers, every single page that he had worked so hard on that night, caught fire in the cave hearth slowly.

The light brought a soft orange glow to the yellow face of Marlon, nearly fallen asleep over the edge of the journal he still clasped against his cheek.

"Perhaps it is still not that time after all." Matt whispered. "Marlon…"

The soft words made the small fraggle sit bolt upright as if they had been a sudden yell, sending him darting around again in his usual jittery way.

"Well, I guess I should be getting back to my cave..Lots to do, lots to do…" Marlons' bright gleaming eye caught the older fraggle like an invisible plead. "Are..are you sure you don't want to join my cult? I always welcome members. I get..so lonely."

"Your monster hunting cult again? I..I will consider it..Marlon." The elder said with a nod. "I really have to be going…"

He was already halfway down the tunnel before the odd fraggle darted back one last time.

Marlon's voice was small again, small but nearly normal sounding in tone.

"Say..do..d..do you think s..sometimes..when Gobo isn't around…could I maybe?"

The tan pit helmet of a rock renowned explorer bobbed wordlessly in the morning air.

"Thank you…Uncle Matt." Marlon said with a wide smile.

The End.

RedRocker

Reaction score
Nice! Write more when you can!
I'm still sufferning from a bad case of writer's block...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Nice! Write more when you can!
I'm still sufferning from a bad case of writer's block...
I would be writing right now on Wind and To Sing. I have a collection of comedy character studying short scenes all set around the comings and goings from one place in FR called Sunning Rock all planned out to, but I am too sick right now :frown:.

Kiki

Reaction score
I would be writing right now on Wind and To Sing. I have a collection of comedy character studying short scenes all set around the comings and goings from one place in FR called Sunning Rock all planned out to, but I am too sick right now :frown:.
This is some great stuff! Hope you feel better soon, hun. :frown: