Robin

flyingpenguin

Reaction score
What happened to Robin's parents?
Does he live with Kermit?
If Piggy marries Kermit will she adopt Robin?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I once wrote a Muppet Fan Fic in which Robin's parents were divorsed, and as a result, Robin ran away to the theatre. Thats how I think it happened.

Also, I think that Robin's father is Kermit's brother. And I named his mother "Leaper."

Vic Romano

Reaction score
While I loved Beau's Fan-fic (yes, man; I actually read it!) I never actually got the impression that Robin was orphaned or left to fend for himself at all. Kermit obviously has a large family, him and Robin just happen to have a very special relationship. Also, Robin clearly has an interest in showbiz; didn't you ever want to do something and your parents say something to the effect of: "Your uncle so-and-so works in such-and-such, you should go visit and talk with him if you're that interested in such-and-such."

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
flyingpenguin said:
Well there was that one episode where Kermit asked Robin to sing a cute little kids song, but Robin wanted to sing something more mature. Robin said something like "I'm going to call my lawyer. I'm gonna call my agent." Kermit replied "I'm gonna call your father." Robin of course quickly agrees to do the cute song.

I don't recall any other instances where Robin's parents were mentioned, but I'm sure there were others.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've wondered about that too. In an ep of "Muppet Babies" it was established that Robin was the son of Kermit's big sister.
Yet, I do think about that line in the Bernadette Peters episode (I think that's the one) where :smile: says, "I'll get your father." So that could be an indication that Robin's father is Kermit's brother, but he could be a brother-in-law as well. I don't think anyone knows for sure.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
flyingpenguin said:
maybe they just never bothered saying anything about his parents. doen't mean anything happened to them.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I personally have my own theory about how Robin and Kermit bonded, but since it will be part of a fanfic that I will write at some random point in the future, I don't want to say what it is yet. :smile:. All I will say is that I think Robin's dad is Kermit's brother, and both of Robin's parents are probably alive.

golden teeth

Reaction score
I don't think there is a real answer. Robin must not live at the theater considering hes only in about 1/5 of the episodes.

Robin's just a character that doesn't really have a fully developed background.
But with that said, it is odd that robin lived with Kermit in Muppets from Space.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
I personally have my own theory about how Robin and Kermit bonded, but since it will be part of a fanfic that I will write at some random point in the future, I don't want to say what it is yet. :smile:. All I will say is that I think Robin's dad is Kermit's brother, and both of Robin's parents are probably alive.
why is it such a concern for you and others? Popeye had for nephews and to the best of my knoweledge they never showed their parents.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Because this is a forum and people discuss things on forums, particularly things that have to do with the forum's subject matter; in this case, the Muppets. This is Muppet Central just in case you hadn't noticed. :wink: