Robin in "Letters to Santa"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have been talking with Steve Swanson and he is trying to help me find out who preformed Robin.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Okay, i think just about everyone can pretty much agree that Robin sounded a bit off in his very-first-ever time being done by someone other than Jerry, but three pages about how the character's reaching puberty is really stretching it.
I dunno, I think it is better to talk about these things than to not to, even if some people think it is silly...After all, talk focused on just Robin is pretty rare in of itself, and to have a place to talk about all these issues and maybe share our passion for the character and why we feel that way is pretty much what MC is for IMHO :smile:. No other place can you talk about talking frogs and their growth..if we can't go overbroad here where can we? There is no harm in it, and it's not flaming or spamming :3. So we are young fans with an almost scary passion, I see that only as a good thing :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Jerry could have looped the voice, but you know what would happen? People would still say he didn't sound right. This is what happened a few years back when VMX came out - of all Jerry's looped characters, Robin sounded really off - not even like he forgot to do the voice really, but his whole tone and inflection didn't seem to match the mood of the scene (very much felt like it was looped and detached)...like he was pitching him higher than it should have been - like an even MORE overly peppy Bob McGrath - that's what he reminded me of all throughout VMX.
When you put it like that, I agree. I mean, in VMX, they clearly had to tone his voice up (speed it up without changing the tempo) to make it sound close. At a certain age, certain performers can't do high pitched child voices as well anymore. I remember someone recalled that Pat Fraley (the voice of characters such as Krang from TMNT, Wildcat from Talespin, and many others) could no longer do teenager type voices. And looking at the Bullwinkle movie, June Foray's Rocky sounded pretty gravelly.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
What was up with Robins voice in "Letters to Santa?" Did I miss something or does Jerry Nelson not do his voice anymore?
Jerry does not do Robin's voice. Infact, mostof Jerry's characters are almost already replaced. Lew Zealand, Floyd, Camilla...Robin was just a matter of time. Count is the only character Jerry preforms, even though most of it may be pre-recorded. Gobo may also be preformed by Jerry, hoping so.

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
So does anyone know definitively who Robin's performer was? Matt Vogel doesn't have it listed on his resume, even though he was my guess as well. I wonder if it was Peter Linz or James Godwin?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Well, if the thing was released on DVD, we could find out, couldn't we?

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, we can't find out because the puppeteers are just listed as a group and not by specific characters.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, we can't find out because the puppeteers are just listed as a group and not by specific characters.
Perhaps they did that on purpose because new voices for old characters have received so much abuse in the past, even here at MC...