Rita Moreno vs. Carol Burnett

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since the Muppet Show episodes with Rita Moreno and Carol Burnett both won emmy awards, I thought I'd get your opinions on which episode was better.

I like the Rita Moreno episode better. It has a lot of funny skits, while the Carol Burnett episode doesn't have many skits. It's basically one long At The Dance segment, while Rita Moreno had her song Fever, one of the best talk spots from the show, the debut of marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones, performing what is probably their best-known act, Lady of Spain, the Jim henson, Frank Oz and jerry nelson muppets singing To Morrow, the first Veterinarians Hospital sketch, a funny Muppet News Flash (Here is a muppet news flash... there is no news tonight!), and a great Swedish Chef skit.

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
I agree with you. I liked them both, but the one with Rita, as a whole, was a better episode. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
I liked the Carol Burnett episode and I thought it was well deserving of the Emmy award for writing, but with Carol Burnett as the guest star it could have been so much more interesting.