RIP Penny Marshall

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had just read here very, very recently, that doctors were warning her to lose weight, or she was going to die. Not sure just how true that was, but given the timing, it seems plausible.

Still, sad loss. In addition to being half of Laverne & Shirley, she was also Oscar's loyal secretary Myrna in the 70s version of THE ODD COUPLE, and she was also one of only two actresses who auditioned to be Witchiepoo on H.R. PUFNSTUF, ultimately losing to Billie Hayes.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had just read here very, very recently, that doctors were warning her to lose weight, or she was going to die. Not sure just how true that was, but given the timing, it seems plausible.[/B]

Still, sad loss. In addition to being half of Laverne & Shirley, she was also Oscar's loyal secretary Myrna in the 70s version of THE ODD COUPLE, and she was also one of only two actresses who auditioned to be Witchiepoo on H.R. PUFNSTUF, ultimately losing to Billie Hayes.
Where did you read on here that this happened?

mr3urious

Reaction score
She was also the voice of the "Babysitter Bandit" Ms. Botz in The Simpsons episode "Some Enchanted Evening", a.k.a. the episode that was intended to be the first to air but almost got cancelled because of its hideous animation during development.

Also, she directed the Tom Hanks movie Big.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
She also played a movie director in the John Travolta/Gene Hackman movie GET SHORTY.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That's probably my favorite season 1 episode of the Simpsons, and BIG is such a great movie.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Thanks for the laughs from your show and giving us such memorable movies. R.I.P