RIP Muppet Show Guests

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
No. That was Gene Kelly. (Recall the 'end of the world' plotline.)

Yeah, I thought of watching the one with Roger Moore as a tribute on my Timelife video, but I think that may be back at my parents' house, same thing with my season 3 DVD with Jean Stapleton. Seems like TMS guests are dropping like flies lately.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Incidentally Kenny Baker, the tiny man who played Artoo Detoo in Star Wars also died sometime last year. However according to sources he never actually was a guest star officially. Apparently on the Star Wars episode they used a remote-controlled version of the robot character.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Kenny_Baker

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Latest addition... Bruce Forsythe has passed away, apparently he was knighted and everything. Who knew? Deepest condolences to his remaining family.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I did. Brucie was really loved in the UK. I personally didn't but sad for the family
Latest addition... Bruce Forsythe has passed away, apparently he was knighted and everything. Who knew? Deepest condolences to his remaining family.

jobi71

Reaction score
Jim Nabors passed away at age 87. He is best known, of course, as Gomer Pyle from the Andy Griffith Show and Gomer Pyle USMC. He also was a frequent guest star on variety shows during the 1970's. So, he was a very good fit for The Muppet Show. Carol Burnett used to refer to him as her "good luck charm" and would have him as one of her guests the first show of each season.