RIP Meat Loaf AND Louie Anderson

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today serves as a reminder that it seems like it's always the period of time of the tail-end of an old year and the very beginning of the new year is when there's a number of significant celebrity deaths, because just today, we lost one of the biggest rock stars of the 70s, and a sad-clown comedian of the 90s: Meat Loaf and Louie Anderson.

No cause of death has been released for Meat Loaf, though there appears to be a lot of speculation that it could possibly be COVID-related, since, as it turns out, he was an anti-vaxxer; Louie, meanwhile, had been battling cancer for a while, and complications from such contributed to his passing.

Last edited by a moderator:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Last time I heard Meat Loaf was a few weeks ago while checking out an out-of-season Halloween ambient channel, and the first song I heard was perhaps one of his best:

Meanwhile, I know this isn't actually Louie Anderson, but man, this was one of my favorite MADtv skits ever:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Last time I heard Meat Loaf was a few weeks ago while checking out an out-of-season Halloween ambient channel, and the first song I heard was perhaps one of his best:

Meanwhile, I know this isn't actually Louie Anderson, but man, this was one of my favorite MADtv skits ever:
I love that song! Although my favorite is this:

It's not exactly for everyone, though. Some of the lyrics could be quite triggering as he does mention the death of a childhood friend, losing his girlfriend, and getting abused by his father.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meat Loaf had a hard life growing up, no question about it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nooh. I'm already thinking of the article notice that'll be posted on toughpigs' main page reporting on the passing of Louie Anderson and his Muppety connections, namely guest starring on the season premiere of The Jim Henson Hour.

As for Marvin Lee Hiday or Meat Loaf, dang. Yep, Bat Out of H-E-L-L is one of his most enduring songs. Then again, I still remember the parody chorus line of "I'll eat anything for love, but I won't eat that." And I'll always remember him in the brief role he had as the first victim to be plated up at Christopher Reeve's diner in the classic Tales From the Crypt episode titled What's Cooking?

*Tunes on the rock ballad in memorium.