RIP Dennis Hopper

Yorick

Reaction score
Very sad to lose both Gary Coleman and Dennis Hopper :frown:

Mr. Coleman was more of a shock, but even though I already knew Mr. Hopper wasn't doing well, it doesn't lessen the sadness :frown:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I just re-watched Apocalypse Now this past week, and once again enjoyed Hopper's performance as the crazed photojournalist, a "disciple" of the mysterious Col. Kurtz (Marlon Brando); the part wasn't included in the original screenplay, and was largely improvised by Hopper. The photog is actually inspired by the harlequin from Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness, upon which Apocalypse is based.

This is the way the world ends! Not with a bang, with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, jack!

Kiki

Reaction score
I know this is terribly late, but what I loss. :frown: He was really part of that whole era that changed cinema. I knew he was sick ages back, but... wow. RIP.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow- it's sad to see all these folks die within this last week or so- Dennis Hopper, Gary Coleman and just recently Rue McClanahan. May God comfort all their families in their mourning.:cry:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I found out about Disnnis Hooper when i was over at the Super Mario Bros. Wiki. It said Mr. Hooper who played King Koopa had passed away. I felt that i had only just bought that movie a few months ago. RIP Dennis Hooper.

Kiki

Reaction score
I found out about Disnnis Hooper when i was over at the Super Mario Bros. Wiki. It said Mr. Hooper who played King Koopa had passed away. I felt that i had only just bought that movie a few months ago. RIP Dennis Hooper.
I hate to nitpick, but it's actually /Hopper/, not "Hooper". Are you sure it's the right guy?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It's the same guy- Dennis Hopper did indeed play the role of King Koopa in the 1993 "Super Mario Bros." movie. It's been a while since I've seen the movie- it was interesting to say the least- and Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo at least looked the parts of Mario and Luigi.
But I think I'll probably remember Dennis Hopper a little bit better for his role in "Hoosiers"- by far one of the best sports and basketball movies ever made!:smile: