Richard Stoltzman on Sesame Street.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I found this episode of Sesame Street where clarinet Richard Stoltzman visits Sesame Street. In the beginning of the episode, We see Richard Stoltzman playing the Sesame Street theme song on his clarinet. As Telly Monster told viewers that he is visiting and he is playing the clarinet. Then later on the episode, He found another clarinet that has taken apart by Oscar. He told Oscar that playing with just the pieces will not produce a good sound until you put the pieces together. Once Richard Stoltzman put the pieces together, He can play a song. He demonstrated it with the opening to "Rhapsody in Blue". Well, Anybody got the rest of what happened? Here are the two street scenes of the episode:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I would like to know what season and the episode he appeared on.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm glad to find that since they asked about this one on tonight's Jeopardy! episode. I was a bit surprised since Telly is rarely mentioned on other TV shows, like he's one of the lesser known SS Muppets. (None of the contestants knew the answer either.) I couldn't help but wondering if they were referring to the Brian Muehl years or the Marty Robinson years. I'll have to check out that video when I get a chance.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm glad to find that since they asked about this one on tonight's Jeopardy! episode. I was a bit surprised since Telly is rarely mentioned on other TV shows, like he's one of the lesser known SS Muppets. (None of the contestants knew the answer either.) I couldn't help but wondering if they were referring to the Brian Muehl years or the Marty Robinson years. I'll have to check out that video when I get a chance.
What did they ask?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It was something Telly Monster's friend Richard Stollzman teaching him how to play the clarinet and they were asking what TV series it was. Answer being "Sesame Street" of course which none of the contestants knew.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It was something Telly Monster's friend Richard Stollzman teaching him how to play the clarinet and they were asking what TV series it was. Answer being "Sesame Street" of course which none of the contestants knew.
Which is kind of sad when you think about it because Telly has been a main character on the show for over thirty-five years, yet people still don't know who he is.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I wonder why that was, he was out since the 70s and went through three different performers, but he was never that big in books or merchandising. Unless you're a devoted Muppet or SS fan like we are the name Telly Monster kind of escapes you. Those kids (it's "Teen Tournament" week on Jeopardy!) might have known the answer if they had said "Oscar the Grouch" rather than "Telly Monster."