Richard Hunt in Season 23

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the last thing Richard Hunt ever did on Sesame Street during season 23? :wink: :eek: :flirt: :boo:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
The last thing I remember seeing is a scene when Forgetful Jones walks around the street at night, loudly alerting everyone to "rise and shine". Hoots then shows him that it's not daytime.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
I'm not even sure if Richard worked on the show during season 23. I think he left the show after season 22 due to his illness. Ssetta says the bird who was on the Season Premire episode of Season 23 was performed by Richard Hunt, which sounds right. But that may have been the last thing he ever did on the show, because I really don't remember seeing Forgetful Jones, Don Music, Placido Flamingo, Gladys, or the Two Headed Monster in any episodes from Season 23. I think that's why they added all those new charachters that year. Rosita, Chicago the Lion, Roxy Marie, Baby Bear and Goldilocks, etc.

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, that bird, Floyd Fluter Tooter, was Kevin Clash. But Sonny Friendly was in an episode where he had Gina play "When You're Hot, You're Hot", and it was Richard Hunt. He also performed Radish Dude.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember Richard Hunt's last performances on season 23 were when Herry and Gladys the Cow were having an argument on who was going to welcome us to Sesame Street and they were too late for someone else already did it.

And Forgetful Jones wanted to read a story about a western version of Old King Cole. But he kept forgetting the words and lines and was driving the characters in the story crazy. When Forgetful finally got it right, he wanted to read that story over and over again and caused the characters to faint. And Forgetful went. "What's wrong with them?"

WiGgY

Reaction score
Baby Bear, Rosita, abd all the others were added in season 23? That's a lot ealier than I thought. I was only 8. And people call them new.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Baby Bear, Rosita, abd all the others were added in season 23? That's a lot ealier than I thought. I was only 8. And people call them new.
Yeah, I think the reason for this is because Time flies when your'e having fun, and Sesame Street is always fun.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Hate to bump an old thread but thanks to the recent full guides on muppet wiki I've discovered the episode that starts out with Herry and Gladys arguing was episode 2984. However nowhere in the season 23 guides does it list the scene with forgetful reading old king cole. This is really confusing to me and I was wondering if anyone can tell me why its not in any of the guides.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It’s possible that segment it was not part of season 23 or it was false memory

minor muppetz

Reaction score
However nowhere in the season 23 guides does it list the scene with forgetful reading old king cole. This is really confusing to me and I was wondering if anyone can tell me why its not in any of the guides.
It’s possible that segment it was not part of season 23 or it was false memory
Episode 2925 has a Forgetful Jones insert called "On a Roll with Cowboy Cole". Could this be what's being referred to?

It's listed in a sandbox page of "unidentified segments", listing insert segments that the wiki does not have photos of. It also lists episodes the segments appear in, and that page lists only one episode with this insert. I wonder why it only aired once (I assume the script makes it clear it's an insert). Then again, maybe it aired before season 20, or maybe it was part of one of the few season 20-23 episodes that the guide doesn't have complete info on (I've been told that the scripts do have ways of indicating whether an insert made its debut broadcast in an episode, but I don't know whether the script did).

Looking at the posthumous works of Henson employees page, Richard Hunt performed material that first aired in at least five episodes that came after his death: Episodes 2926, 2957, 2984, 2994, and 3000. And that's not counting episodes and inserts that came before his death in season 23.