Return to Labyrinth: Volume 2

Laszlo

Reaction score
From what I've seen the art hasn't improved... :mad:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I understand that for Manga/Anime the art is what it is so I can't complain too much. I'm just not a fan of that style. Of course, the artist may just hate my Muley comic strips to death! Ha ha. I do like the story, though.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I did like the second volume of the manga better than the first (it seems to be coming together more coherently as a story). The best part so far is Jareth's line about the "Hardships unumbered" that Sarah had to suffer.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Muppet Newsflash is proud to present an exclusive interview with TOKYOPOP editor Tim Beedle.

Tim serves as the editor for both Henson-based manga series. He has been leading the team on "Legends of the Dark Crystal" since the beginning and he recently came to helm the "Return to Labyrinth" series as well. Tim shares some great behind-the-scenes insights and gives readers a "sneak peak" at what they can expect to see in these graphic novels. You can find the interview in The Muppet Newsflash's article section, or you can jump to it directly via the link below. Enjoy!

An interview with Tim Beedle

Monsoon

Reaction score
Return to Labyrinth #2 (my thoughts)

Well, like many people, I was happy to see a manga sequel to Labyrinth, but I wasen't to thrilled with the first volume, namely because I wasen't too fond of the art work. I thought Sarah looked too plain and Jareth looked rushed. However, the secound volume was well worth the wait. Sarah now looks pretty, and I like how Jareth is now drawn.

Moppet seems to have more depth, and I like how she's not afraid to take matters into her own hands. It'll be interestering to learn of her origin, and just what her fate will be.

I also want to learn a bit more about Mizumi, Moulin, and Drumlin. Who is their father? Was the Queen ever married at some point? And how will Mizumi react if she evers finds out Sarah had returned to the Labyrinth? Would she go so far as to try and kill Sarah ?

Given what has happened to Toby, it makes me wonder if he'll ever want to go back home. Also, I wonder if his mother has noticed he's missing ?

I'm wondering the purpose of Jareth's vist to Sarah. Seeing how he found her, I'm guessing he spied on her, as well as Toby. So, will he inform her of Toby ? It's clear he still loves her, but I doubt he'll tell her, unless he thinks she might feel the same.

Sarah's reaction itself will be worth the wait for the next volume. My guess is that she will either faint from shock, get emberessed at Jareth seeing her in her nightdress, or she'll get angry because she still holds a grudge.

Also, will Sarah's pet cat like Jareth, or will he attack ?

Also, I'd like to see the wedding between Sarah and Jareth. I'd also like to see Sarah and Jareth on the next cover.

Chris Lie and Jake Forbes, thank you for doing such a wonderful job on volume two. I'm looking forward to the rest if the series.

alorindanya

Reaction score
Amen.

NONE OF THE FOLLOWING ARE MY OWN IDEAS, they are collective ideas being discussed about Volume 2 at the IMDB message board by various people.

Some of us feel that Moppet is the ablation, since the meaning of the word means 'loss of a part.' If you notice, Toby thought Moppet was Sarah, but Moppet is blonde; thus, the theory is that she is pieces of Jareth and Sarah put together.

Also the amulet that Jareth wears is missing so far from his image in the manga, so someone suggested that this is the Pathfinder.

I find it totally true to what I think of Jareth's character that he is gambling Toby's life by Toby being Goblin King at the time that the deal with Mizumi is coming to an end.