Remembering Richard Hunt

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
What a great idea, Hubert. A tribute is very fitting. We miss you, Richard.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey Hubert! Remember this?

Scooter the Go-fer
Coffee, groceries and guests
Kid in the theater

Thought it would be appropriate for the tribute. Also, this day, this 21st remembering of sorts, this is the day I first wore my "Boy Gorg" T-Shirt!!! :wink:
I love reading and hearing all those stories 'bout him, being the heart of the Muppets:dreamy:...:frown: Happy New Year to him!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Happy New Year, Richard, wherever you are up in heaven. I give you best wishes to have great fun with Jim, Jerry, and your family and to have lots a good memories. :wink:

Hubert

Reaction score
Hubert's Small Tribute of Random Thoughts

Richard Hunt. Ever since I first got into the behind-the-scenes aspects of the Muppets (a loong time ago), his name popped up everywhere. I knew who he was, I knew who he performed. But of all the Muppeteers, it occurred to me that I was the least versed in regards to his personality and spirit.

Sure, I saw him. I laughed at him. I all of his characters running around being absolute crazies. I saw him, but I never really knew him.

For some reason, I had brushed Richard off like a spec of dust. I never really even gave a second thought to his characters or the man behind them. They were there and that had been enough for me.

But then one day I read a little snippet of a story that involved Richard. And then I started searching the internet, where I found all sorts of stories and interviews that talked about the man. And the more I saw him, the greater he became.

As I started to do this, his characters came to life. Scooter didn't go for coffee anymore, but Richard did. Richard was the one who played the guitar in a band. Richard was the one who heckled a comedian bear. Richard was the victim of failed inventions. Richard was the monster who befriended a frog. Richard was the piano head banger. Richard was forgetful. Richard caught Fwaggles.

Suddenly, these characters just seemed to spring to life when I began to be aware of the man behind them. Each one was a gem, a piece of Richard. Each revealed to me something else about him.

Since I started seeing Richard, I began to look up to him as a role model. Richard was a spiritual man, I found. He helped people he didn't even know. That's what I try to do everyday, in honor of Richard. He was a loud, crazy person. That's what I know I am, and by the honor of Richard, I try to let it out.

Richard is so much more to me now. He's not a man who's' just there to perform some characters. He's there to show us who we are and who we can be. Richard led by example, and did so with class. If we all could capture even 1% of the amazing man, the world would be a better place.

If you haven't gotten to KNOW Richard, this is a terrific opportunity to do it. Don't learn about his characters or his start with the Muppets, learn about the man. You'll find something there, I guarantee.

ncchuck

Reaction score
JR Gorg and scooter were always a favs of mine , a true talent I do miss him

theSHE124

Reaction score
It tought it would be fitting share my favourite song from him:

Nice video, Dientes! I have a question now: I've noticed one tribute video to Jerry Nelson that had two people, a man and a Muppet, both I've never seen before. The man had a mustache, and the Muppet look Scottish. Were these weirdos the same 'gargling duo' Kermit mentioned in the first 10 seconds?