Remembering Richard Hunt

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey! You gotta working hypertext! Thank you, Colette! :excited:
Back to videos, Jim and Richard did excellent performances as Statler and Waldolf on TMS, especially w/expressions!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Absolutely, Jim and Richard as Waldorf and Statler. :smile: So many memories.
Statler: Is that a toupee your wearing or did your cat die! HA HA HE HE! lol

Yeah the expressions were hilarious

I was trying to look for the closing gag with Statler as Money Man. lol

Though my favorite Waldorf and Statler moments is when they fell out of the balcony. lol
Like when they would flip for it, like a coin and Statler goes flying in the air and landing into his chair.

There was one where Waldorf replied "Ribbit, Ribbit" and springs out of the balcony.

There's one where Sam talks to Statler and both don't realize that Waldorf is hanging on to the balcony.

Thudge McGerk scares Statler out of his chair in the Vincent Price episode

Classics, I couldn't find the videos online so I figure I'd just list them.

I liked the one where they were watching "Beach Blanket Frankenstein" and I think they push the tv off the balcony or switch to something even worse, "looks like two old gezzers in a balcony watching television. Who wants to watch that?". I think that's the same episode where Kermit hides out in the balcony and says "Hey if you guys let me hide out here, I'll give you tickets to next week's show." they throw Kermit out literally. lol I love how The Muppets like campy humor. Beach Blanket Frankenstein sounds hilarious, I love really bad horror / sci-fi B-movies myself. Speaking of which, Rock & Roll Nightmare has a drum player with a painting of Animal on the drums. Really bad movie though. But had some cool latex puppets in it. lol

One of my favorite moments is when Gonzo drives his motorcycle into Waldorf and Statler who while they were dozing, he chained them to their chairs. lol

Speaking of which, it reminds me of a moment from Muppets Go To The Movies
Waldorf: Hey let's give them three big cheers.
(three chairs are thrown at them)
Waldorf and Statler: That's Cheers, Not Chairs!

What was the episode where Waldorf and Statler where messing around with guns? I knew they had a machine gun in the Harry Belafonte episode shooting blanks....well some of them were blanks. lol One moment Waldorf and Statler have guns and Waldorf says "Let's shoot this show out of it's missary" BANG BANG! Then Statler points his gun to Waldorf "Alright partner, I want to see you dance. Now Dance." Waldorf does a little ballet. Statler is impressed so he sees if he can do it, he shoots himself in the foot.

Another moment I remember was...
Statler: Ow ow ow ow
Waldorf: Hey are you speaking Hawian?
Statler: No, I bit my tongue! OW OW OW!

Though I think my favorite Waldorf and Statler moment was when they sang "It's a Very Good Year", it just brings a tear to my eye. :smile:

So many memories...They are all coming back to me as you can see.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
What about this one?

You're welcome! Uh... what's hypertext?
I remember that episode, the one where he runs away from the Trash Heap and the Doozers' think he's the accent leader of the Doozers. Didn't those two characters later get recycled for a Dinosaurs episode? The one where Robbie gets eaten by the green monster from The Monster Maker mini movie from The Jim Henson Hour?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I remember that episode, the one where he runs away from the Trash Heap and the Doozers' think he's the accent leader of the Doozers. Didn't those two characters later get recycled for a Dinosaurs episode? The one where Robbie gets eaten by the green monster from The Monster Maker mini movie from The Jim Henson Hour?
Was it "The Howling" from the Dinasours TV series?

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_105:_The_Howling

And I found what you are looking for... "The Jim Henson Hour - Pitch Reel on tape.

Sorry if the quality is not great, but this might be what you're looking for.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Was it "The Howling" from the Dinasours TV series?

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_105:_The_Howling

And I found what you are looking for... "The Jim Henson Hour - Pitch Reel on tape.

Sorry if the quality is not great, but this might be what you're looking for.
I'm not sure, I remember the episode what I was mentioning was when Robbie gets eaten and then Earl gets eaten afterwords. And Philo and Gunge (I just looked up their names on Muppet wiki, where their names ever mentioned on Fraggle Rock? )where on there but with glass eyes and not their original Muppet like eyes. I think they were used on Wubbulous World of Dr. Suess with Dr. Suess style "U" eyes, but I don't remember.

I'm not sure if I was looking for the pitch tape on this forum but thanks for mentioning it. I love this pitch tape. :smile: Especially the montage and Animal looking at the book of The Tale of The Bunny Picnic "BUNNY RABBIT! BUNNY RABBIT!" lol It's so cool to see Jim talking to his characters. :smile:

I remember this tape very well :smile: I really want The Jim Henson Hour to come to DVD and iTunes really badly. Disney and The Jim Henson Company should come together to release it since they have the two halfs to it. Disney owning MuppeTelevision and The Jim Henson Company owning the rest (Dog City, Monster Maker, Storyteller, etc).

By the way, that's Talking Heads - Wild Life playing in the montage right? I have that song on my ipod though this one sounds like a different version of it.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Though I think my favorite Waldorf and Statler moment was when they sang "It's a Very Good Year", it just brings a tear to my eye. :smile:
Hey mupcollector! Today's my birthday, and I found this birthday greeting video with that same song. So Happy Birthday, or Unbirthday, dude!':sleep::boo:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hey mupcollector! Today's my birthday, and I found this birthday greeting video with that same song. So Happy Birthday, or Unbirthday, dude!':sleep::boo:

Wow! I can't believe it. You're back theSHE124! Happt birthday and today is so my un-birthday. The birthday greeting video was a wonderful tribute to Richard. Thank you for sharing!

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey! That's a good pic, Colette! :wink: Did you drew that?