Remembering Jim Henson...

Convincing John

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention that in honor of Jim today, I told an awful pun today at work.

One of my co-workers suggested that I visit an aquarium in Chicago.

"Oh, I don't know," I said uncertainly. "aquariums aren't really trustworthy."

"What do you mean?" my co-worker asked.

"Didn't you know? All aquariums are very fishy places."

Hey, as Jim said once: "It's a perfectly terrible joke, but it's worthy of us.":smile:

Warldorf

Reaction score
I am currently eleven. I never knew who the heck Jim Henson was. But I used to watch Sesame Street all the time. I watched it whenever it was on, but mostly Elmo's World, Play With Me Sesame and Global Grover. I was mesmerized with the animation of Elmo and Abby Cadaby, the curiousness of Big Bird, The Battle between Ernie and Bert and the braveness of Super Grover.

I get older. The only Muppets I know are Kermit and Miss Piggy, yet I watch Muppet Babies at my grandmother's house. I loved seeing Baby Rowlf drive that train across the world, seing Scooter, Skeeter and Kermit go to the gas station of time in "Back To The Nursery" and seeing baby Gonzo clean the camera, only to have Baby Animal ruin it again.

I get older still. I am a fan of Michael Jackson, (still am) so I search up Vincent Price (since he did "Thriller" with Michael Jackson) and the 3rd or 4th video I see is the Season 1 Interview with Vincent. I watch a little.

November 25, 2011

I am with my grandmother at the mall when I see a poster that says "The Muppets" "Hey, I think I know them! I'd like to see it." After I saw that, I discovered the wackiness of Lew Zealand and his Boomerang Fish, the creative minds of Bunsen and Beaker down at Muppet Labs, and the gentle giant named Sweetums. I learn about them. I borrow Season 1 from the library.

After that, the floodgates were open.

To this day, I have the Build-A-Bear an FAO Schwartz Kermit, the NHL Fozzie, the Muppet finger puppets and Blu-Ray movie, TMM, a Kermit, Piggy and Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem cake decorations, the I HEART KERMIT lunchbox, the soundtrack CD of the new movie, (pant, pant, pant) Season 3, The Muppets Junior Novel, Tales Of A Sixth Grade Muppet, Sticker Book, The Muppet Show Comic Book Meet The Muppets (full) On The Road (#1) Monster Mash, Family Reunion with Amy Mebberson, (pant, pant, pant) the Rainbow Connection single on my iPod touch, and the 3 karaoke songs The Muppet Show Theme, Movin' Right Along and Bohemian Rhapsody (muppet style). Phew! I don't even think I'm done, but I'll stop there.

So R.I.P Jim Henson, 1936 to 1990. May the lovers, the dreamers and you live on forever.

:jim: