Remember THESE Herry Monster appearances?

mikealan

Reaction score
Hello. Does any of you remember these skits featuring Herry Monster? They were...

1) the one where the little green boy muppet and a little pink girl muppet fight over a bag of jellybeans and then they meet Herry in a BLUE nose in a trash can

2) the other one in a blue nose where he and Grover see a twirling female monster

3) Prairie Dawn performing the adding skit with Grover, Herry and Cookie

4) the other one where he chases Grover around Mumford's stage after Mumford performs his trick to Grover

5) Mumford the Magician lets us see the surprise. It starts when he says, "A-la peanut butter sandwiches!", a solid-citizen female muppet appears. Mumford, of course, tries to make her disappear a couple of times until she changes into Herry roaring "SURPRISE!"

Ryan

Reaction score
Do you have these clips? If so, maybe we can do a tape trade. I'm in a Classic SS mood right now :flirt:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by mikealan
1) the one where the little green boy muppet and a little pink girl muppet fight over a bag of jellybeans and then they meet Herry in a BLUE nose in a trash can
As far as I know, that only exists in one of my numerous SS books. I don't remember which one, but I know it's a 3-part story called "The Boy, The Girl and the Jellybeans", and it's meant to demonstrate emotions. It dates back to 1971 if I'm not mistaken.

Mikealan, if you have these clips on video and can trade them, it would be courteous of you to email anyone who offers to trade with you, so we'll know what you'd like from us, and whether or not you CAN trade. If you announce on the board that you need certain SSU episodes, and you don't give any kind of forwarding contact we can reach you at, that irritates us both, because you don't get to see more SSU, and we don't get to see the clips you describe to us that you may (or may not) have.

Now listen, I'll make this offer to you one last time: if you need any SSUs and would like to trade tapes, just email me (by clicking the email button below) and we'll be in business. I have a HUGE LOT of SSU.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Boy, The Girl and The Jellybeans" has aired on the show since the early seventies. The story was told in three Muppet segments. Haven't seen it since the early eighties though. It's a fun story.

Salmoto

Reaction score
I like to believe Harvey Knneeslapper was ahead of his time.....

Tom Green: Would you like to meet my parents?

Mike C. : Uhm...

Tom Green: I said would you L:IKE to MEET my PARENTS!?

Mike C.: Well I suppose....

Tom Green: Great, now here's a bunch of meat, go and cover my parents with it...

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
"The Boy, The Girl and The Jellybeans" has aired on the show since the early seventies. The story was told in three Muppet segments. Haven't seen it since the early eighties though. It's a fun story.
I believe in the TV version, the monster in the story was Beautiful Day Monster, but I'm not sure. In the storybook version, of course, the monster was Herry.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Was Beautiful Day shorter than Bert and Ernie? I think i might have seen him in the skit where he kisses Ernie (if that wasnt him, please tell me). Bert and Ernie watched a skit with a gil;r getting kissed by a monster and Bert found it disgusting but RErnie said he wouldnt get upset and a monster comes along and kisses him and he says "yuck". the skit was in 1969 so it was broken up into parts and they interacted with the skits in between.