Reliving Sesame Street Memories

Tweekyboy

Reaction score
Hey fellow muppets! Just wanted to say hi - name is Jared. I had been doing reseacrh on my Dell, and I came across this site after doing a search for "Sesame Street" on Google, just out of curiosity. After reading some of the posts, I figured I'd register. Always had a soft spot in my heart for the show, which was always a great learning experience for me as a kid, and was also a time to bond with my parents in front of the tube. Being a child of the 80's, I wanted to see how many other people on this site approaching the age of 30 still remembered fondly their favorite skits, and MAN! - this brought back sooo many memories for me - I had forgotten how many skits, songs, and charatcers I had forgotten! One of my favorite posts was the one I recently read about "Which skits frightened you as a kid?" I laughed because I realized that some of the ones posted scared me too! Particularly the yip-yip guys, the hot-iron letter "I", and others. I also was curious to see if some of my favorite songs made it to your favorites - most did! I recently had the chance to meet Emilio Delgado (Luis) on the television show I work on - he was one of our principles in a recent episode. Nice guy! Anyways, I now have a few young cousins I am trying to get into the show, and was wondering if it was possible to get clips via e-mail (I'd be happy to trade ones I found in various sites). I can't think of any specific ones other than my few favorites which were probably "Mah-Nah Mah-Nah" (used to CRACK ME UP!)....The yip-yip guys imitating the telephone....the Ernie and Bert trek into the cave where they meet their likeness statues....the live action video for the song "Take a Breath!" which I used to sing with my cousin whenever it came on (I found a new version but was wondering if anyone had the original footage)...."We all live in a capital "I"".....can't think of many more at this time. I guess SS had a good part to do with me becoming a filmmaker (just curious, are there any other production people on this site?) - it was such an audio/video stimulation growing up, and it is still remembered fondly to this day. Thanks for making me smile guys!

JC

"This is an undertaking of VERY heavy duty proportions!" - Dr. Teeth - the Muppet Movie

Cheebo

Reaction score
Do you still watch the show? :smile: 99.9% of us here watch each new season. More people to discuss that with, the better!

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Welcome Jared!You'll love this website.It's always fun to share our memories of this and other muppet shows.I certainly have a whole bunch of great memories to share.welcome aboard! :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Tweekyboy said:
Hey fellow muppets! Just wanted to say hi - name is Jared. I had been doing reseacrh on my Dell, and I came across this site after doing a search for "Sesame Street" on Google, just out of curiosity. After reading some of the posts, I figured I'd register. Always had a soft spot in my heart for the show, which was always a great learning experience for me as a kid, and was also a time to bond with my parents in front of the tube. Being a child of the 80's, I wanted to see how many other people on this site approaching the age of 30 still remembered fondly their favorite skits, and MAN! - this brought back sooo many memories for me - I had forgotten how many skits, songs, and charatcers I had forgotten! One of my favorite posts was the one I recently read about "Which skits frightened you as a kid?" I laughed because I realized that some of the ones posted scared me too! Particularly the yip-yip guys, the hot-iron letter "I", and others. I also was curious to see if some of my favorite songs made it to your favorites - most did! I recently had the chance to meet Emilio Delgado (Luis) on the television show I work on - he was one of our principles in a recent episode. Nice guy! Anyways, I now have a few young cousins I am trying to get into the show, and was wondering if it was possible to get clips via e-mail (I'd be happy to trade ones I found in various sites). I can't think of any specific ones other than my few favorites which were probably "Mah-Nah Mah-Nah" (used to CRACK ME UP!)....The yip-yip guys imitating the telephone....the Ernie and Bert trek into the cave where they meet their likeness statues....the live action video for the song "Take a Breath!" which I used to sing with my cousin whenever it came on (I found a new version but was wondering if anyone had the original footage)...."We all live in a capital "I"".....can't think of many more at this time. I guess SS had a good part to do with me becoming a filmmaker (just curious, are there any other production people on this site?) - it was such an audio/video stimulation growing up, and it is still remembered fondly to this day. Thanks for making me smile guys!

JC

"This is an undertaking of VERY heavy duty proportions!" - Dr. Teeth - the Muppet Movie
welcome Jared.So you met Mr. Delgado. that's great. to bad you met him before you joined us i'm sure we'd all be glad to have him and other SS people join. i know Bob McGrath and sonia Manzano have their own sites. contacted them about the sites but got no responses from them. oh well.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Welcome to MC Jared.I still watch SS,whenever I can(I'm 34 now).I've watched SS for over 30 years now & I still love it.I can still remember lots of stuff from SS(thanks to a photographic memory).Glad to see you've made it here.

::stick_out_tongue:ulling you up a chair:: :smile: