Recent Muppet Puppet Revisions

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I usually don't notice these little things, but these are my opinions:

Miss Piggy: She doesn't look that bad...for a pig. I personally rather GMC.

Zoot: Like you guys said, way off.

Janice: The side ponytail was cut in the 80's, but it's a totally different century. I'm glad they changed it.

Animal: Very cute in my opinion. :halo:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Rewatched the video again - and yeah it is a different Animal (it looked like the previous one in the still photo) - much better! Janice is also looking the best she has in a long time - wow they really debuted a lot of great puppets at the convention; it's clear they want them looking their best before filming the relaunch movie (reminds me of how a lot of the Muppets were rebuilt...and ended up setting a standard for a long time afterward... for the Muppet Movie!)

What i'm REALLY dieing to see is some video footage from the convention of Statler and Waldorf - those two have needed major improvement for a LOOONG time and i'm curious if they also got a reboot in time for the con. Dang this is one fine looking group of puppets!

Wonder if they're going to do some upgrades on the posers - or better yet, limit their use of them and take more photos with the puppets!

Now as long as they JUST focus on the look of the puppets and not muck with what (who!) goes INSIDE them...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just glad they got rid of that lame 1980's ponytail that Janice has been sporting ever since Muppets take Manhattan... and that was a long time ago. Really. if Piggy has to have a new haircut every appearance, why should Janice (minor as she's been until the recast) still look like her 1980's self... especially since I never thought it was in her personality to look like that.

And I'm having problems with the new Gonzo for one reason... there's something wrong with his nose... the shape, the color... both maybe? I don't know exactly what, but it just doesn't seem right. The rest of him is looking alright... but the nose is just an amazing subtlety. Hence the reason why every time I draw him he looks more like his Muppet Babies self.

but some of them look much much better than they have in recent years (Sam especially), and some just look a bit off. I'm glad they went back to the general 70's Fozzie, and not that very rounded head he had in VMX, similar to the 80's style...

dwmckim

Reaction score
The nose is the biggest flaw with newest Gonzo - it's not only too smooth but it's too big (some people have said the pupils are too small - but the eyes by themselves seem fine - it's the nose being way too big that makes the pupils seem smaller than they are.)

Gonzo looks like classic Gonzo - just with a Squidward nose. Maybe he used Bunson's chin enlarger on his nose?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Well, this isn't really a puppet revision, but it was nice to see Robin again in LTS.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While it's a Sesame Street character, there's apparently a revised Zoe that's really ugly.

Her eyes are too small, the puppet is smaller than before for some reason, and everything just looks off because of it.