recent disney abominations

Joseph

Reaction score
I think disney is running out of good ideas.

grail

Reaction score
they aren't running out...they've been out for years.

as for song of the south. i too think a "ban" is silly, as love it or hate it, it is a part of the history of this country. they obviously thought it was a good idea at some point, or they never would have made the movie. i think i kinda understand it though...they're trying to pretend it never existed, so as not to offend anyone...which i think is almost MORE offensive.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
they aren't running out...they've been out for years.
In all fairness, good ideas just don't come around as much as they used to. Good ideas used to frolic around in this counrty freely, but now they've been hunted to the point of near extinction. It's sad really.

grail

Reaction score
that is a good point...sad, but a good point nevertheless

beaker

Reaction score
>>>as for song of the south. i too think a "ban" is silly, as love it or hate it, it is a part of the history of this country. they obviously thought it was a good idea at some point, or they never would have made the movie. i think i kinda understand it though...they're trying to pretend it never existed, so as not to offend anyone...which i think is almost MORE offensive<<<

man, disney...dont people know song of the south is a celebration...its not like some kind of messed up minstrel show version of who framed roger rabbit! Its a celebration of freedom, handed down slave songs, etc. perhaps if they unbanned it people would see that. believe me, they have way more 'exploitation' attorcities out there that are not banned, than this great classic.

Gonzo

Reaction score
The short version:

1) Children really ARE that easy to please
2) Parents really ARE that (stupid, lazy, whatever it is)
3) The only remotely Disney-related sequels I'll EVER see are the Toy Story flicks, and those are Pixar and John Lasseter, NOT NOT NOT Disney.

It seriously makes my stomach hurt, what's happened to Disney in the last ten years or so. How they could keep churning out schmoo like this is beyond me. Why people would keep lining up for it--hopefully someone out there is learning.

But I wouldn't could on it.

Quinnnnnn

grail

Reaction score
what upsets me is that Disney once stated that they would release no sequels to a theater. now, as Quinn pointed out this does not count for the Pixar stuff (i heard a rumor about Toy Story 3 the other day...Tim Allen and Tom Hanks are trying to help get it done, there's apparantly already a script...all rumor), but Disney broke that promise. and what did they break it for? a steamy pile called "Return to Neverland". it makes Tomb Raider look Oscar-worthy. heck, it makes "Manos: The Hands of Fate" look Oscar-worthy. there's a joke there about Oscar, and the fact that these movies are trash, but i'd have to re-word half the post to get it right. so you can just let your imagination run with that one.

Gonzo

Reaction score
"Manos: The Hand Of Fate"....LOL!!!!

MAN, if MST3K could get their mitts on some of those Disney sequels.....okay, if MST3K were still AROUND....

Quinnnnnn

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Why did you have to bring up the fact that MST3K is gone? Now I am sad.

grail

Reaction score
i'm one of the lucky ones...i have MST3K: The Movie on DVD...not many of these things exist. a friend of mine has a Tom Servo and Crow. they're dead on perfect...

there's been some discussion about doing an MST3K of our own for our next InConjunction...we're trying to come up with a good movie to do...but the trick is we have to be able to watch it over and over. I'm pushing for "Menno's Mind"