recent disney abominations

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Wrong

Guys, you got it all wrong. Both Pinnochio Emperor of the Night, Snow White 2: Happily Ever After were made by Filmation ( Filmation is not owned by Disney and never has been.) The current owner of the Filmation library is Hallmark. Disney had no hands in these two films. If you don't believe go to www.cartoonresearch.com and www.he-man.org ( Ask someone on the message board about these two Filmation films and they will tell you that these are not Disney's). Okay. I have seen Emperor of the Night and repeat don't not have anything to do with the Walt Disney Company.

From Cartoon Research:
133. PINOCCHIO AND THE EMPEROR OF THE NIGHT (12/25/87) . New World 91 D: Hal Sutherland. A "sequel" to PINOCCHIO, finds our hero celebrating his first year as a real boy. His new sidekick, a "glowbug" named Gee Wilikers accompanies Pinocchio on an errand which goes awry as he is returned to being a wooden puppet. Only by confronting the evil Emperor of the Night can he return to normal. A Filmation production.

173. HAPPILY EVER AFTER (5/28/93) First National. 74 mins. D: John Howley. Snow White escapes an evil King by entering a forest where seven Dwarfelles (female dwarfs) befriend her. A Filmation production.

Moving on, Sure does some bad stuffs sometime ex: Max Keeble and Inspector Gadget but other studios have as well, Warner Brothers ( Battle Field Earth, Batman & Robin, and Space Jam). Look on the postive side, Remeber The Titian, The Rookie, The Princess Diaries, Lilo & Stitch, Pretty Woman, Good Will Hunting (Miramax), Fantasia 2000, Home Improvement, Signs, and The Sixth Sense. These are among the great projects that Walt Disney has done over the past few years. I know that these boards are Muppet fans based, who usually hate all things Disney for some strange reason but gave them a chance. Every Studio has errors.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I know that these boards are Muppet fans based, who usually hate all things Disney for some strange reason but gave them a chance. Every Studio has errors<<<

Hey bean...youre right, I think there is a heavy anti Disney bias. I actually love disney, but question about some of their more recent practices...hence this thread which helps illustrate some of their recent examples of stinkyness. Pixar alone, since it *is* under the Diz banner, has become like the creative backbone of the company in the way of innovation and freshness.

And yes, those were not Disney released sequels, but I listed them as examples of how there were cheapquels off Disney films in the late 80's, so why would 15 years disney start making their own?

radionate

Reaction score
OK, didn't Miramax at one time hold the rights to filmation properties, thus making it a Disney Tie?

Also is it DIC that disney owns? (whatever cheap cartoon company it is, it allowed them the rights to make Inspector Gadget)

I'm confusing myself now

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Disney once held the rights to DIC but in 2000 they bought themselves back from Disney. As for Filmation, I don't believe Miramax ever released them, if they did it would probably when Disney don't own them.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Disney once held the rights to DIC but in 2000 they bought themselves back from Disney. As for Filmation, I don't believe Miramax ever released them, if they did it would probably when Disney don't own them<<<

A small company actually bought itself back from the big Diz? whoah...you know what this means? If the eventual Disney buyout of JHC does happen, perhaps oneday JHC can buy itslef back!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
and most Disney fans HAVE heard of song of the south if you ever went to a Disney discussion board and asked about Song of The South you would see many people want it un-banned.there are petitions everywhere and also if you have ever been to a Disney park you will see they have a ride dedicated to it called Splash Mt. and why is it everyone here hates Disney?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>and most Disney fans HAVE heard of song of the south if you ever went to a Disney discussion board and asked about Song of The South you would see many people want it un-banned<<<

Disney no tlistening to fans when it comes to home releases? Naw, it couldnt be!(*cough* MTI and MCC widescreen *cough*)

there are petitions everywhere and also if you have ever been to a Disney park you will see they have a ride dedicated to it called Splash Mt. and why is it everyone here hates Disney?<<<

Hey, I remember that ride! Yeah, Disney is weird...they have virtually banned Song of the South but have plushes for it and theme rides. I dont see what the big deal is, I mean I know once the politically correct 90's rolled around they officially banished this one. But I really do hope it gets rereleased.

As far as the disney hating...well I definately see some valid points for some resentment...however I also see some valid points for the benefits of a buyout.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Song Of The South is a tough to release because of fears of boycotts and such.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Song Of The South is a tough to release because of fears of boycotts and such<<<

I twas only released in the UK on vhs. If it had been released on UK dvd that would have ben fine for me as I can play PAL dvds...but not PAL vhs. Now fears of boycotts...why do they have Brier Rabbit books, Song of the south plushes, rides...but no movie itself released? And who would boycott it? I would hope the painfully lame politically correct 90's are over.

Why would Disney ban one of its own classics? Its just odd, and a trend of Disney and bad release decisions.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
actually it is true that it is pretty stupid for it to be banished but to answer your questions:

the people who would boycott it are the same people stupid enough to boycott Pirates of the Carribean because of The men chasing women and a large women chasing a man but say its ok for the woman to chase the man for food.and I think the reason they have plushes are because those dont feature the human character who was supposed to be a slave.I really HATE the people who boycott things like that,that make no sense.