recent disney abominations

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Pinocchio 2 Emperor of the Night wasn't done by Disney, it was Filmation, makers of He-Man(oringal) and Fat Abert.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I liked Lilo and Stich... ok, so there are things that I would change, but overall, I thought it was very fresh and funny. I laughed, I cried, you know the drill. It really was amusing in places, and I thought the animation was pretty.

Warning to parents though... it is scary for little kids in places. My daughter claimed that she liked it, well, you judge... her comment was, "I didn't very like it". She only liked the surfing scenes, but then again, she is a beach baby, so that might be expected.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Imagine if Disney turned the Muppets into animated characters.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Imagine Henson turning the Muppets into animated characters, well a second that happened. Muppet Babies and Muppet Monsters.

Disney mostly likey would stick with live-action forms of the Muppets.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
But imagine, if you DARE, the Disney characters as puppets.

Oh, wait, the Book of Pooh (which uses a very cool form of puppetry). Never mind.

Dumbo's Circus. Pooh Corner. That proposed "Little Mermaid's Island" series. Hmmm...

beaker

Reaction score
Ok, now Im a big modern Pooh fan(ie: 'new adventures of winnie the pooh' circa 1989 to present) but...that 'book of pooh'...oh my gosh that makes me cringe:-&

i guess it kinda worked with wubbulous world, but i just dont see how puppets based on diz would work.

disney is and will always be just 2d toons. its sad to see them try to intergrate pixar characters with disney characters, as one of these days pixar has gotta break free!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
do any of you know anything about Disney that doesnt have to do with muppets? first off it is NOT tarzan 2 it is Tarzan and jane it is 3 of the episodes from the animated show tarzan.also Lilo and Sitich is one the BEST Disney movies ever and where do you get Pinocchio 2,I mean if you have read anything Disney you will see no Pinocchio 2 and do you know how many great things Disney could do with the muppets,I mean look at Muppet Vision 3D it is great and Disney had just as much to do with it as Henson and I agree some of the sequels have been cheap but Peter Pan 2 was great.and if you actually went to see the Country bears you would see it is good.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>do any of you know anything about Disney that doesnt have to do with muppets? first off it is NOT tarzan 2 it is Tarzan and jane it is 3 of the episodes from the animated show tarzan<<<

Actually to correct you; it is being advertised and package as a 'sequel' full length feature...and as far as being episodes of the tv show, I thought that too, but the level of animation on the film is even subpar of even the tv show. It has this very strange herky jerky missing frames thing going on. Basically doesnt even hold a candle to the great original in terms of animation or story.

also Lilo and Sitich is one the BEST Disney movies ever and where do you get Pinocchio 2,I mean if you have read anything Disney you will see no Pinocchio 2 and do you know how many great things Disney could do with the muppets<<<

I havent seen Lilo, so it could be one of those nice surprises like Emperor's new Groove. Secondly, where do I get Pinnochio 2?
I provided the link to imdb.com for those who never heard of Emperor of the Night. If you recall, there was a Snow White 2 called Snow White 2: Happily Ever after.

And I agree, there are is a lot of great potential in a Disney buyout...so yes, pros and cons.

>>>I agree some of the sequels have been cheap but Peter Pan 2 was great<<<

Well for it being the year 2002 that animation was pretty bad.
Also, why does Disney need to put out so many cheap sequels?
It felt like Lion King 2 was the last sequel Disney really wanted to put effort in.

and if you actually went to see the Country bears you would see it is good.<<<

Youre kidding right? PErsonally, this film shoul dbe banned like Disney banned Song of the South(Tho I think they should release Song of the South in the US)

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I havent seen Lilo, so it could be one of those nice surprises like Emperor's new Groove. Secondly, where do I get Pinnochio 2?
I provided the link to imdb.com for those who never heard of Emperor of the Night. If you recall, there was a Snow White 2 called Snow White 2: Happily Ever after.
Just to clear this up for folks, these aren't Disney Animation Studio products (they are from Disney owned company labels like Filmation). So technically they are Disney, but I don't know how much of a hand Mr. Eisner (as he likes to be called) had in these. There is, however, a plan in the works for Disney Animation to create a Snow White sequal. Walt isn't turning over in his grave, he's spinning!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Just to clear this up for folks, these aren't Disney Animation Studio products (they are from Disney owned company labels like Filmation). So technically they are Disney, but I don't know how much of a hand Mr. Eisner <<<

Ture, but at any rate I would wager most Disney fans might not know about the existence of Pinnochio Emperor of the Night, Snow White 2: Happily Ever After or Song of the South(the ONLY film your beloved Disney has made sure never sees th elight of day)