R.I.P. Alan Young

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'm very glad he was able to reprise his role as Scrooge in DuckTales Remastered and the new Mickey Mouse cartoons while he still could. And that he was able to live to 96.
I agree.

It's sad and surprising that he's no longer with us now but at the same time, it was to be expected anyway due to his age.

We will miss you, Mr. Young. :cry:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I am just crushed. For many years Mr. Young voiced one of my favorite characters from Adventures in Odyssey, Jack Allen. I'll always be glad that he was able to come back and voice Jack one last time and his character was given a proper farewell, unlike a couple other characters who just disappeared with no explanation after their voice actors died/could no longer voice them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm very glad he was able to reprise his role as Scrooge in DuckTales Remastered and the new Mickey Mouse cartoons while he still could. And that he was able to live to 96.
As you can guess, that's what I'm here for. Scrooge McDuck has been an integral part of my growing up with both Ducktales and Mickey's Christmas Carol, where he first performed the character. And the very fact that he was able to reprise the role recently kinda made this a little more depressing and out of the blue. Make no mistake, living to 96 and still giving a strong performance as Scrooge is an accomplishment.

And yes, I've seen some Mr. Eds. While not my favorite old timey sitcom, it was a delightfully campy series that was perfectly early-1960's a sitcom as either Monster based family. Of course, I watched that show knowing that Willlllbuuuurrrr was the guy who'd go on to play Scroogie.

Alan Young also voiced Haggis McHaggis from the Ren and Stimpy Show:
And lots of credit to him for giving a perfectly Ren and Stimpy-ish performance for that one. He didn't hold anything back and screamed just as loud and hammy as Billy West did.