Questions for Fraggle's Terry Angus

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Thanks much Terry. I think I forgot to mention this earlier, but incidentally Jerry Juhl, Carol Bolt, B.P. Nichol and Bob Sandler were my favorite FR writers. Carol's one episode of Fraggle was such a GREAT script- the humor, the parallels (some of which took me months to catch), the clever writing, the emotion, the flow- as a writer, astounding. Beep's episodes nearly always had high stakes and the threat of either destruction ("The Garden Plot", "The Day the Music Died"), death ("The Beanbarrow, the Burden, and the Bright Bouquet") or a terrible change ("The Secret of Convincing John"). His episodes often centered on puzzles or riddles and he foreshadowed the solutions/conclusions well. There was always something like that to keep your interest. A number of Beep's episodes are my personal faves.

Just thought I'd mention that.

If you don't mind my asking, how did Beep die? Most people on MC (including myself) didn't know he was gone. In my case, I found it on your site, and from what you wrote it seemed to happen very suddenly. If you'd rather not answer, for any reason whatsoever, I fully understand and withdraw the question.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
If you don't mind my asking, how did Beep die? Most people on MC (including myself) didn't know he was gone. In my case, I found it on your site, and from what you wrote it seemed to happen very suddenly. If you'd rather not answer, for any reason whatsoever, I fully understand and withdraw the question.
Addendum: reason I'm asking is b/c I wanted to update Beep's IMDb page, which doesn't list his death at all. Cause and date (or at least year- from the info on your site it looks like either '88 or '89) is what I'm trying to find out.

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well I’m back again. First off I want to thank froggiegirl for her telling me that my mistake wasn’t that bad. Thanks for those kind words. This reminds me of another mistake I made on Fraggle Rock that got kept. It was my first speaking part ever on Fraggle and it was only one line in an episode called “Finger Of Light” The Fraggle Horn sounds and they can hear it in Gobo and Wembley’s room. In the window pops a Green pointy nosed Fraggle (Which was me). “Hey, they’re calling for the World’s oldest Fraggle!” ok problem one: I was so nervous that I could not do a very good voice or project it very loud. Problem two: I accidentally dropped the “s” off of “Worlds” so I ended up saying, “Hey, They’re calling for the world oldest Fraggle” Argggggg! And it was kept. It still amazes me how I could have done that.

Vic Romano asked “Who was the most fun puppeteer to work with.” That’s a hard question as almost all of them where fun. I had a lot of fun with a lot of puppeteers. One of my favorite puppeteers to work with was my pal Stoney Ripley who co-created Blizzard Island and also played my Blizzard Island side kicks, ie: my Witch to his Uncle Eggbert, my Sir Python to his Molcaster cat. Stoney and I would have so very many laughs together. Stoney always had me in tears.

Stoney also worked with me on the 4 video production of “Four Fish Fly Free” and the people that I performed with there although where very new to puppeteering they where very hard workers and were great fun.

With Fraggle Rock, Karen Prell was great fun to work with and a person that would give you lots of help and sometimes played background with us Canadians. Dave Goelz is another fun performer who was very funny off camera with Boober. One of the things that Dave did was have Boober act like a spoiled Hollywood Star calling a Director pussycat or baby and wanting to know if the shot needed more light. “Was that good for you George baby?” I got great laugh when our video tech/switcher Harley Walker would put in video effects between takes like a lightening bolt over someone. There was one time that Boober got to play with a ball of light. Ok I’m getting off track here. Hey, they where all great fun and lots of clowning around.

That’s it for tonight I’ll be answering OverUnderAround’s questions tomorrow night (I hope) as soon as I check out my interview that I did for Muppet Central to see if I had answered that 2 part question then and I’ll answer Gorgon Heaps questions as well. Oh my goodness I almost forgot about Skeeter's question which I'll answer first tomorrow night, sorry Skeeter.

Take care everyone,

Terry Angus

BlueAM

Reaction score
Your pacemaker's older than that!

Terry, do you remember which specific Muppets you performed in "The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years"? Thanks for your time!

BlueAM

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I'm striking my last question- somebody already updated Beep's IMDb page. So I'll replace it with another, simpler question:

Do you still keep in touch with any of your FR cohorts?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I'm striking my last question- somebody already updated Beep's IMDb page. So I'll replace it with another, simpler question:

Do you still keep in touch with any of your FR cohorts?

are you talking about my q's

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
are you talking about my q's
No, I meant my last question. This last question of mine can be answered with a simple 'no', or a 'yes' followed by some names. I struck my previous question about the late B.P. Nichol when I found the answer elsewhere.