Questions for Fraggle's Terry Angus

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
As some of you know, former "Fraggle Rock" Muppeteer Terry Angus- who played the Storyteller Fraggle, Brio the Minstrel, and Morris Fraggle- is a member of this forum, and I've been corresponding with him over the past few weeks on the topic of setting up a thread where we Muppet freaks can ask him stuff. He said yes. These are the ground rules:

1) 10 people may ask one question apiece, and then no more questions until Terry's response, at which point the 10 questions-1 per person rule repeats. Terry has been very accessible on this forum but remember he leads a busy life, like I'm sure most of us do.
2) nothing personal- use your best judgment to define that. Really this one goes without saying
3) be patient- it may take a while to get a response, but no nagging or questions going "when are you going to answer?"
4) try to keep questions reasonably short
5) before you ask a question, you might want to check out MC's interview with Terry in the Articles section on the main site, as well as Terry's official site- your question might already be answered there

So right now I'm gonna head this up with

Question #1
Could you tell us a little about some of your friends from FR, like Karen Prell, puppeteer Myra Fried, and SFX man Tim McElcheran, and the FR vets who later worked with you on "Blizzard Island", like puppeteer Tim Gosley, director George Bloomfield, and writers Bob Sandler, the late Carol Bolt, and the late B.P. Nichol? Just whatever comes to mind first, and any points of interest you'd like to share about them.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

wes

Reaction score
Terry do you have Any cool Behined the scene stuff that no one else know?

ButchCat

Reaction score
All all,

Ok Lets see if I can do this. First off I should let everyone know that Gorgon Heap came to me with the idea that I could answer a few questions for you guys and I told him that we could give it a try. So gulp! Here we go, Wes I am going to sort of answer your question first. Boy oh boy it’s been a long time. Ok. This is a very short one but in the episode “Let The Water Run” I was playing one of the pipe bangers and I remember getting all wet as one of the pipe bangers was splashing the water around with his mouth. I can’t remember who was running him but I think it was Dave. I also remember a sort of blooper that I did when I was helping Karen Prell perform Red in “I Want To Be You”. Some of you may not have picked it up but it was during Red’s song “Dreaming Of Someone.” I was doing Red’s left hand and I was trying to slide it back and forth however the Antron fleece on the fingers got caught on the rock and I had to pull it free and in doing so the hand took a bit of a jump. Much to my horror they kept the take and to this day I cringe when I watch it. It’s not much Wes but it’s a beginning.

Gorgon Heap I will try to answer your questions sometime tomorrow (I hope).

Good night for now guys

Terry Angus

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
How did you get into making puppets like the ones you auction off on E-bay?

-Kim

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Forgot to mention this, but it may be helpful to put your questions in bold, particularly if you go into some detail aside from the question, that way it stands out. It may not be necessary, and Terry can veto the idea (I leave it up to him, really), but I know it's worked for other such similar threads, such as the old "Ask Ken at Palisades" threads we used to have running around here (maybe we still do, I don't know).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Your mistake in red's song, really isn't that bad. It doesn't take anything away from the performance. In fact I didn't even noticed that it got stuck. Thanks for sharing with us about behind the scene stuff.:smile:

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
2-part question-
Any nice memories of how you were cast for Fraggle Rock?
and...
What are your memories of the first day you walked on the set?

Thanks!

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi gang,

I was originally going to answer Gorgon Heap’s answers last night but I was so tired that I just couldn’t so here I am now. Looking here I see that a few more questions have popped up and I will see how much I can do tonight.

First because I promised I will answer Gorgon Heap. Who asked:

Could you tell us a little about some of your friends from FR, like Karen Prell, puppeteer Myra Fried, and SFX man Tim McElcheran, and the FR vets who later worked with you on "Blizzard Island", like puppeteer Tim Gosley, director George Bloomfield, and writers Bob Sandler, the late Carol Bolt, and the late B.P. Nichol? Just whatever comes to mind first, and any points of interest you'd like to share about them.
Karen Prell is someone you can count on 100% and as I have said before I saw her as a big sister. I was 18 or 19 when I joined Fraggle Rock and she along with Myra Fried helped me along as I was new to a big city environment like Toronto. I had always turned to Karen for her opinion on things. If I went out anywhere it was usually with Karen Myra and Tim McElcheran so we where pretty close.

Whenever I needed help with working The Storyteller Fraggle I had always used Tim Gosley to assist me I was so impressed with him and how well he worked with me that I asked him if he would work on Blizzard Island with me and do the character of Rog. For more on Blizzard Island you can check my web site.

Blizzard Island was done a bit differently than Fraggle Rock in that I did not get to talk to any of the writers of Blizzard Island. I do remember Bob Sandler on Fraggle but I didn’t get to know him that well. He seemed pretty nice as was the late Carol Bolt. I remembered her a bit more and she was very nice. On the other hand I knew the late B.P. Nichol very well and we got along very well. B.P. wrote most of if not all of my Storyteller episodes on Fraggle and we had a lot of laughs and Beep as we sometimes called him was a very, very funny guy. So I told the producer of Blizzard Island that B.P.Nichol should be our head writer on Blizzard Island. Sadly when B.P. died so did Blizzard Island. The scripts I saw for the not to be produced season two where lawful.

Now on to Kimp the Shrimp’s question. Right now I am not involved in the new Fraggle Movie as no one has asked me. On the record I would love to work on the Movie if it happens and if they want me there. If they don’t ask any of the Canadians back then it would either be that they are shooting in the US or for budget reasons. That’s all I know right now about it. Thanks Kimp the Shrimp.

I have to go for the night but I will try to be back tomorrow night if I can to answer some more from Skeeter, Vic Romano and froggiegirl.

Take care all,

Terry Angus