Questions about the Playhouse Videos

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Did all of the characters who visited Scooter request songs or stories? Did the fish request Friendship or Octopuses Garden?

Ryan

Reaction score
Here's a thought: BUY THE VIDEOS. They are all over ebay and the internet. :rolleyes:

KCJ506

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Did all of the characters who visited Scooter request songs or stories? Did the fish request Friendship or Octopuses Garden?
Here's what they requested:

Kermit:

Brooke Shields playing Alice in Alice In Wonderland. Contained various clips from the Brooke Shields episode.

Scooter singing "Six String Orchestra."

Rowlf:

"You And I And George" by Rowlf

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Robin

Fish:

"Friendship" by Kermit and Robin

The Swedish Chef:

"I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly" by Judy Collins

And I already said what Waldorf requested

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Here's a thought: BUY THE VIDEOS. They are all over ebay and the internet. :rolleyes:
I don't really feel comfortable with buying or trading things over the internet. At least not for right now. If I was comfortable than I would probably have a lot of Muppet and Sesame Street stuff that I have been wanting for awhile by now. Also, if I tried E-Bay, then I would probably get outbid.

There are several flea markets around where I live, and I haven't found a single copy of any of these videos. It seems like a lot of Muppet and Sesame Street videos from the 1990s can be found at these flea markets, but I've already seen many of those. Very few pre-1990 Muppet videos can be found at these flea markets, and when I do see Muppet videos from before 1990 they are never what I am really looking for (the playhouse videos and the play-along videos).

I hope that Disney re-releases these sometime soon, either as their own DVDs, or as special featires on some other DVD collection (I don't think these will show up as features on The Muppet Show season sets, or at least not very many), or maybe packaged or themed into special sets. For example, there could be a DVD focusing on the main characters and include The kermit And Miss Piggy Story, Fozzies Muppet Scrapbook, and Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff (I know that wasn't really the best of gonzo, but Gonzo was the host and featured in many of the skits). Another could have The Muppet revue, Muppet treasures, and Muppet Moments packaged together. The other could be music-themed and include Rock Music, Country Music, and Rowlfs Rhapsodies with the muppets, and maybe also Childrens Songs and Stories with the Muppets.

D

Dil

Question:
In "Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook", Milton Berle was the only guest comedian that is featured in this video. For Berle, talk about funny, but for Raquel Welch & Beverly Sills, talk about bo-ring! They would have featured Bruce Forsyth (at the Comedy Spot), Phyllis Diller (at the Talk Spot), Avery Schreiber (at the Comedy Spot), Don Knotts (at the "Birdland" number), Peter Sellers (at the "Cigarette & Whusky" number), & Milton Berle (at the "Top Banana" number) instead of just Berle, Sills, & Welch.

In "Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff", The Wishing Song has nothing to do with weird things, except for what would happen in the end. The Masseur Sketch has something to do with weird things, but it was included in "Muppet Treasures", not "Muppet Weird Stuff". The Wishing Song could have been in "Muppet Treasures" as The Masseur Sketch would have been in "Muppet Weird Stuff".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dil said:
Question:
In "Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook", Milton Berle was the only guest comedian that is featured in this video. For Berle, talk about funny, but for Raquel Welch & Beverly Sills, talk about bo-ring! They would have featured Bruce Forsyth (at the Comedy Spot), Phyllis Diller (at the Talk Spot), Avery Schreiber (at the Comedy Spot), Don Knotts (at the "Birdland" number), Peter Sellers (at the "Cigarette & Whusky" number), & Milton Berle (at the "Top Banana" number) instead of just Berle, Sills, & Welch.
I agree about the sketch from the Beverly Sills episode. I find that to be boring (and I can't remember much about it). I also kind of agree with you on Raquel Welch. Her number with Fozzie is my least favorite of her three numbers, but then as far as I'm concerned, this book is about Fozzie's memories on The Muppet Show, and this is probably a good moment for Fozzie.

Beverly Sills number could have been included in Rowlf's Rhapsodies, and swithced with English Country Garden. This video probably should have included skits with Avery Scrieber (both of his acts with Fozzie), Bruce Forsythe (though not a comedian, this moment would be good for Fozzie since it helped him deal with Statler and Waldorf), and Nancy Walker (I'm referring to the diner sketch, not her number with Fozzie).

Dil said:
In "Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff", The Wishing Song has nothing to do with weird things, except for what would happen in the end. The Masseur Sketch has something to do with weird things, but it was included in "Muppet Treasures", not "Muppet Weird Stuff". The Wishing Song could have been in "Muppet Treasures" as The Masseur Sketch would have been in "Muppet Weird Stuff".
I agree as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
By the way, Childrens Songs and Stories would have also been a good video to include The Wishing Song.

D

Dil

"Muppet Weird Stuff" is the only one of the Muppet Playhouse Series to include clips from the Muppet Movies.

1. The Muppet Movie - Gonzo is holding on the balloons; after he shouted "Whoopee!", the shot is cut immediatly to Gonzo's balloons blowing up, and when Kermit says "Take off, Fozzie!", Doc Hopper shouting to Kermit to not make a monkey out of him & Max tasting the pie that splattered on the front of Hopper's car was cut, instead after Kermit says "Take off, Fozzie!" the shot is cut to Gonzo popping up from the top of Fozzie's car.

2. The Great Muppet Caper - Gonzo jumps on the street making a taxi stop.

3. The Muppet Takes Manhattan - Gonzo does his skiing act unsuccessfully.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dil said:
"Muppet Weird Stuff" is the only one of the Muppet Playhouse Series to include clips from the Muppet Movies.

1. The Muppet Movie - Gonzo is holding on the balloons; after he shouted "Whoopee!", the shot is cut immediatly to Gonzo's balloons blowing up, and when Kermit says "Take off, Fozzie!", Doc Hopper shouting to Kermit to not make a monkey out of him & Max tasting the pie that splattered on the front of Hopper's car was cut, instead after Kermit says "Take off, Fozzie!" the shot is cut to Gonzo popping up from the top of Fozzie's car.

2. The Great Muppet Caper - Gonzo jumps on the street making a taxi stop.

3. The Muppet Takes Manhattan - Gonzo does his skiing act unsuccessfully.
I recall the clip form The Muppets Take Manhattan also being edited. I think the video cut the brief scene where Gonzo speaks to the boat driver. After Gonzo mentions that the chickens will do their impression of Tony Bennet singing the William Tell Overture, it cuts straight to the chickens doing their impression.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think that the following videos could have had clips from the movies:

The Kermit and Piggy Story: Never Before, Never Again, The Rainbow Connection, The First Time it Happens, and maybe the wedding sequence from The Muppets Take Manhattan (following the staged wedding sketch).

Rock Music with the Muppets: Can You Picture That?, Night Life, and You Can't Take No For an Answer.

Rowlf's Rhapsodies with the Muppets: I Hope That Something Better Comes Along.

Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook: Moving Right Along.