Questions about the Playhouse Videos

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have some questions about the playhouse videos, most of which regard the promos for the videos that were shown after each video.

First of all, at the beginning of these previews, there are some clips that are randomly shown, with no mention of which videos they are from. Which of these videos had the following scenes:
1. the pigs putting Kermit in a net, telling him that they are taking over the show (how much of that episodes plot was included on that video?).
2. Robot kermit talking to miss piggy (and were the other scenes with the robot kermit included on the video with that scene?). I have a feeling that this clip is either included in The kermit And Miss Piggy Story or Muppet Treasures.
3. The Muppet Sports skit about horse shoe pitching. I have a feeling that this is either on Muppet Treasures or Country Music With The Muppets. Actually, on some of the videos (i've only seen this in the promo shown after Muppet Moments), it seems like in this spot a different clip (the gorrillia smashing the gorrillia detector) was used istead.
4. Cocanut.

And now with another type of question. I have seen four of these videos. In some of them the promos are longer than in others. The promos shown after The Muppet Revue and Rock Music With The Muppets only promoted the first four videos. The promo shown after Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff only showed the first seven videos. And the promo shown after Muppet Moments showed previews of all of the videos. Also, during these promos, the Jim Hensons Muppet Video opening logo was shown after the preview of Rock Music With The Muppets and after the preview of Country Music With The Muppets. I have also seen a video guide book from 1985 that listed the first seven of these but not the last three advertised. Were only a few of these released at a time? Were they all released at once? Were they all released in 1985 (a clip from Muppet Moments, the last one advertised, was shown in the 1985 special The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years, so they must have all been released in the same year)?

KCJ506

Reaction score
The pigs putting Kermit in a net was in The Kermit and Piggy Story. It's when they took over the show. It was in the Cloris Leachman episode. Scenes included were the pigs dragging Kermit off the stage and Kermit the pig appears and the boiler room scene when Piggy says she's gonna stay with Kermit, but changes her mind when she hears she'll be replaced in Pigs In Space.

The robot talking to Miss Piggy was also in The Kermit and Piggy Story. It was from the Ruth Buzzi episode and that was the only scene featured in the video.

The Muppet Sports horse shoe pitching was in Children's Songs and Stories With The Muppets. Don't ask me why. I don't know either.

Are you talking about The Lime In A Cocanut song? If so that was also in The Kermit & Piggy Story.

I don't know if they were all released at the time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
KCJ506 said:
The pigs putting Kermit in a net was in The Kermit and Piggy Story. It's when they took over the show. It was in the Cloris Leachman episode. Scenes included were the pigs dragging Kermit off the stage and Kermit the pig appears and the boiler room scene when Piggy says she's gonna stay with Kermit, but changes her mind when she hears she'll be replaced in Pigs In Space.
Were the "That's Entertainment" openign number and Pigs In Space sketch from that episode included, too?

KCJ506 said:
The Muppet Sports horse shoe pitching was in Children's Songs and Stories With The Muppets. Don't ask me why. I don't know either.
Did this video have any other out of place clips from any other recurrign segments, like Muppet Labs, Pigs In Space, Veterinarians Hospital, and so on?

KCJ506 said:
Are you talking about The Lime In A Cocanut song? If so that was also in The Kermit & Piggy Story.
Yes, that is the song I am talking about.

KCJ506 said:
I don't know if they were all released at the time.
You know, judging by how all of the clips shown before the promo started showing clips from each individual video were only clips included in the first three videos, I am more convinced that these were released at seperate times.

KCJ506

Reaction score
That's Entertainment and the Pigs In Space sketch was not included.

Also there were no other recurring segments in Children's Songs & Stories.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Heres another question that I forgot to ask (it doesn't have to do with the promo). Did any other video besides Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff have clips from the first three movies?

Also, what were the settings for Childrens Songs And Stories With The Muppets and Rowlfs Rhapsodies With The Muppets like?

KCJ506

Reaction score
Rowlf's Rhapsodies is the only video I haven't seen. So I don't know what the setting was like. I know the main character was Rowlf. I've read what the contents were on there.

Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff was the only video to feature scenes from a muppet movie.

Children's Songs and Stories setting was Scooter in a dark room at a table with his scrapbook.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was Scooter visited by any other characters in Childrens Songs And Stories, like Kermit, Robin, or some muppet kids?

Also, I ried to start a seperate thread about Fozzies Muppet Scrapbook, but everytime I do for some reason there is an error preventing the thread to show up.

Anyway, my question is, is Fozzies Muppet Scrapbook supposed to be all Fozzie clips, or are there plenty of non-fozzie clips? I know that it includes the Limbo number, but according to the Cleo lane episode page at Muppet Central, fozzie wasn't in that number.

KCJ506

Reaction score
Scooter was visited by Kermit, Rowlf, some fish, The Swedish Chef, and Waldorf.

The only non Fozzie clip in Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook was the Limbo Number. The reason why it was on there was because Kermit gets "scrunched" during the number and Fozzie "unscrunches" him backstage.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
KCJ506 said:
Scooter was visited by Kermit, Rowlf, some fish, The Swedish Chef, and Waldorf.
That's weird that Waldorf appeared but Statler didn't. Yes, I know Richard Hunt was performing Scooter, but Statler still could have made an appearance, or Waldorf could have been left out. Were any clips with Statler shown? Who performed the fish (I'm guessing Jim Henson, since he performed the other visitors)?

KCJ506 said:
The only non Fozzie clip in Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook was the Limbo Number. The reason why it was on there was because Kermit gets "scrunched" during the number and Fozzie "unscrunches" him backstage.
So did Fozzie ask Kermit about the time he had to unscrunch Kermit, leading to the clip and the backstage scene?

KCJ506

Reaction score
Children's Songs And Stories had a couple of S&W comments after a number. Waldorf appeared to request "Inchworm" by Charles Aznavour. I have no idea who performed the fish.

Fozzie mentioned the Limbo contest and Kermit told him that he wasn't in the contest. Fozzie said true, but he was a big help after the contest, which was why the backstage scene following the Limbo contest was shown.