Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's an anything question of mine...

When you get a headache, you take an aspirin.
When you get a stomach ache, you take something for nausea.
When you get a back ache or a muscle ache, you take a muscle relaxor.
Etc, etc.

So why is it when you get a tooth ache, they yank the tooth out? I mean that's like if you got a stomach ache they'd cut your stomach out, or if you got a headache, they'd decapitate you, so what's the deal with pulling out a tooth because it aches?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Toothaches are usually means there is something physically wrong with the tooth. It could be infected, ingrown, starting to rot out of your mouth, and not something that can be fixed with pain killers

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ok, has anyone seen those commercials for that Squishy Baff stuff? Supposedly its made out of the same absorbent stuff thats in diapers. But my question is, would you seriously let your kid play in the stuff?

I was curious and looked up reviews. Everyone agrees the stuff does not dissolve like the commercial says, many having to scoop it out by hand. One person was complaining their kid was sick after EATING it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Umm... is it like those bath tablets that turns the water different colors or something? I haven't heard of this stuff, so I really don't know what you're talking about...]

I AM aware, however, that the ShamWow guy's made a comeback, this time, he's hawking a resuable lint roller.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gooey? That stuff looks more like taking a bath in slushes and snocones. :confused:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Gooey was the only word I could think of. Why would you put your kids in that? Why would you trust ANYTHING As Seen ON TV for that matter?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think it's kind of like how Drtooth says at this point in time, people still watch reality TV not so much because they want to, but they watch it purely out of irony... I think some people see something on TV, think it's cool,, then want to order it for the sake of having it because they saw it on TV.

However, they do supply us with some great spoof vids, of which I really can't embed in the post because of language, but just copy/paste the links without the spaces...

http:// www . youtube . com/watch?v= NkkBhEomlUg
http:// www . youtube . com /watch?v= h05ZQ7WHw8Y
http:// www . youtube . com /watch?v= lsTLUSMOgas

Hubert

Reaction score
Gooey was the only word I could think of. Why would you put your kids in that? Why would you trust ANYTHING As Seen ON TV for that matter?
You have to admit...there are some As Seen on TV stuff that is good. Not much, but a few select products. Like those furniture sliders for example. They are terrific and really do make furniture easier to slide. But I do see what you mean. A lot of that stuff doesn't work like it does in the commercial.