Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm just gonna stop replying to the whats the deal with thread. It took me too long to realize that no one really wants an answer to what they are posting.
I kinda want an answer to some of the questions I ask there. Though an answer is not always important there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it seem like people are getting the Questions About Anything thread and the Did You Ever Notice/What's the Deal With (Seinfeldian humor) thread mixed up?
Well the threads are kinda similar, and this thread is titled "questions about anything", not "questions about anything except questions that would belong in the What's the Deal? thread". And sometimes it can be hard to determine which thread a question is better suited for. And they're not the only similar threads on the forum. There's quite a few Nickelodeon threads, including an "Old Nick Appreciation Thread", a Nick at Nite thread (which I had started before the Old Nick Appreciation Thread began), and a few older Nickelodeon shows do have their own threads (including Salute Your Shorts which I started before the Old Nick thread, and somebody just recently started a Hey Arnold thread).

But here's a question I have, not sure if it would belong in the other thread, but here it goes: When people get arrested and the cops say "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..." Do the cops always use that literally? Do they have recording devices to keep track of everything the arrested says while being taken to jail? What if the person with the right to remain silent says something that couldn't really be used against them, like if they say something really random or ridiculous, or something like "the sun's up there" or "you're a really great cop"? Or just anything unrelated to the crime in question, that couldn't possibly be used against a person. And is the right supposed to be an order or something they are allowed to choose to do?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_warning

The Miranda rule applies to the use of testimonial evidence in criminal proceedings that is the product of custodial police interrogation. Miranda right to counsel and right to remain silent are derived from the self-incrimination clause of the Fifth Amendment.[12]Therefore, for Miranda to apply, six requirements must be fulfilled:
  1. Evidence must have been gathered.
  2. The evidence must be testimonial.[13]
  3. The evidence must have been obtained while the suspect was in custody.[14]
  4. The evidence must have been the product of interrogation.[15]
  5. The interrogation must have been conducted by state-agents.[16]
  6. The evidence must be offered by the state during a criminal prosecution.[17]

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but I honestly wonder if women's breasts are sensitive to pain like men's crotches are? I would assume so; as a man, I know that whenever we see a groin hit or a kick to the crotch on TV, we, out of instinct, cringe and wince in pain even though it didn't happen to us... though I remember watching TWELFTH NIGHT in Reading class in Grade 8, and we watched as Viola wrapped cloth tightly around her chest to flatten herself to masquerade as her brother, all the girls in class watching had a similar reaction like guys do watching groin hits.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Take from a female,
Yes. It's painful if hit in the right spot.

My question:
What is the difference between a surprise cameo and a regular cameo?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did Saturday Morning have a lot of commercials back in the day? I'm trying to figure out why Classic Saturday Morning shows have average running times of 21 and 22 minutes when 21-22 minutes without commercials wasn't even the norm till the 90s and 2000s.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes indeed. At least half of them were cereal commercials- Kellogg's, Post, and General Mills' deep pockets sponsored a lot of shows. Then you had the toy commercials, and a token PSA (don't pollute, try to eat healthy, and don't blow your allowance on crap they advertise on tv!). Ain't that a kick in the head?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do shows that continually do new episodes all year round (talk shows, news shows, soap operas) group their shows into "seasons"? Because if they don't take a break from new episodes than how would they really determine when a season ends or begins?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is it that whenever trying to solve a crime, or trying to regain stolen property, you always have to say, "No questions asked", even though you actually have a BUNCH of questions to ask? Is it supposed to be some kind of psychological ploy to increase the criminal's guilt or something?