Question about Playhouse Videos' Back Covers

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not really complaining much about the costs they typically go for online, just expressing a bit of surprise. Yeah, I haven't been able to find a copy in person since 1996 (just a few nights ago I dreamt that I found a video store that had all ten of them), only a couple are on YouTube, but I still didn't think casual sellers would see them worth that much (though I don't know if the sellers are casual fans or not).

But then again, I know that these were released at a time when home videos were really expensive, so used copies for nearly 30 dollars are probably cheaper than the original costs.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After doing some google searches, I found the back cover for The Kermit and Piggy Story!

The images are: A generic photo of Kermit and Piggy dressed up, Kermit and Scooter from Ukelelee Lady (and I think Piggy's in the image, can't tell due to the size), and Piggy and a pig from Cuanto Le Gusta.

I hope I can find the other back covers soon. Of course lately it's been more common for me to find both back covers and inside covers for these videos (though in some cases I've found such images and then later had trouble re-finding them).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've found the back covers for Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets (found that back cover last year, surprised I didn't post about it here) and Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook.

Children's Songs and Stories has images of: the octopus from Octopuses Garden, Sweetums and Robin (a close-up of that one photo of them that's popped up many times), and "Halfway Down the Stairs".

Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook has images of: Otto the Robot in drag (though I don't think that segment appears in the video), Patrol Bear arresting somebody for impersonating an officer (though a different Bear on Patrol segment is included), and Fozzie with Chuckie.

So now the only back covers I have not seen are for Muppet Treasures and Country Music with the Muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've found the back cover for Muppet Treasures. The images are: Fozzie with Punch and Judy puppets (from the linking footage? is this the only video where the back cover has a linking footage image?), The Newsman at his desk, and the Walrus from "Lullaby of Broadway".

I kind of suspected these photos were used, as Muppet Wiki has images of some of the foreign releases which include these images (don't know why I don't remember seeing the Fozzie one there). Weird that, it seems, none of the Playhouse Videos have images from Pigs in Space or Vets Hospital on the back covers (the Spanish back cover for Muppet Treasures has a Pigs in Space photo).

So now Country Music with the Muppets is the only one where I haven't seen the back cover.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not for long!

I finally found my images of the Playhouse videos and I uploaded the images of both the back AND gatefold covers to each of the video's pages. ENJOY!
Thank you. It's good to see all these.

Wow, so the fact inside The Muppet Revue was about The Swedish Chef? That seems to be the only fact that doesn't concern one of the videos hosts (while Muppet Treasures and Muppet Moments both have facts about Fozzie's first audition), though I haven't seen the inside cover for Rowlf's Rhapsodies.

And even though we can just look at these pages, I might as well say what's on the back cover of Country Music, since I have with all the other videos: The blue jug blower from the first jugband, TR from the chicken western, and Fozzie in rural clothes (Fozzie doesn't appear at all in that video, but many of these videos back covers have at least one image that isn't representative of anything from the video). I had suspected that the back cover would have had an image from the chicken western, and at least one of the two jugbands.