Puppetry Blog Favouritism

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
again , i just want to say that time is a big factor here,

ii know i havnet even touched my blog in amonth, i started it with good intentions, but the road to **** is paved with good intentions (or bad pupet ministries, i forget which), any how,

i know i really appreciated reading your bolgs, (yes Bezael i read yours too, lol)

as well as the Jonhson brothers great blogs, and when i dont see them updated for a while, sad as i maybe to not read something new, i do realize that BLOGGING IS NOT A JOB!!!(get the hint thier Pladypus)

you are all writing about subjects you find interesting , and thier is only so much time ina day to report on evrything , and ofcourse like buck sad a bolg is really more of a OP -Ed thing than straight news, and that what it should be, i would mauch rather read opions and thoughts on stuff then just have you guys list a bunch of stuff with out and sort of thoughts or opions to go with them,

anyway just the opions of a failed blogger here,

(YES I KNOW FULL OF SPELLING ERRORS< TO TIRED TO BOTHER CORRECTING THIS)

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
pladypus - with all due respect, you need to start your own blog if you are so worried about it. You don't have to be a "blogger" - just a regular person which I think you are. It takes barely any skills to set up a simple blog. If you can post a comment or thread to this website, you can create your own blog. It's that simple, and if including "everything" about puppetry is such a concern to you than you should be the one to do it. We should be thankful for whatever the puppet bloggers post, and I second pretty much everything ravagefrackle said. Now on to more fun discussions . . .

PuppetMom

Reaction score
Maybe the reason people don't post regularly on their blog is because they are responding to posts like these! :wink: Just kidding. I have several personal favorite blogs (that deal w/ puppet building) & I am just really grateful that people do blog! They don't have to show how they are building puppets or good techniques - they could keep it all to themselves, but when they post something on their blog, it helps those of us who are visual learners. Now I know that the blog entries you are talking about are different, but ravage is right, the bottom line is, these people are not getting paid to do this & they don't have to be objective, it's THEIR blog & THEIR opinion. That's why it's a blog & not a newscast. In the interest of fairness, you can always set up a blog that will "set the bar" on being unbiased regarding puppetry shows. Anyway, that's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth (which prob'ly ain't much)!
To all of you bloggers - please keep up the great work!! Many of you are on my favorites list & I love the entries you post. I won't criticize you for being on your own schedule & not my own! :wink: :smirk:

MGov

Reaction score
What puppet shows am I missing?

So I have come to the conclusion that yes, some (not all) of these blogs are advertising shows based on favouritism.
Your "logic" has skipped a few steps getting to this conclusion.

SJohnson

Reaction score
I started my blog a while ago, and even though I have the best intentions, sometimes I get too busy to keep it updated (that reminds me, I have to update my blog:stick_out_tongue: - I'm going to do that right now! ). Anyway, I think starting your own blog is an excellent idea. It’s free fun and rewarding.:smile: