Puppeteer's Resources Links

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Not sure if people knew that the Puppetry Store through Puppeteers of America now sells Antron fleece.

http://store.puppeteers.org/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25&zenid=avr85lv783smki4tkgv6po0802
Aw man, sold out! :grr: Lol, oh well. Maybe they'll get more?

So, I read somewhere that using hot glue on foam caused it to deteriorate faster over the years, making the breakdown bits breathable and toxic, especially to children. Is this correct? I'm nearly ready to start building again, but now I'm thinking about the contact cement option.

That reminds me, is contact cement good for, say, gluing the fleece to fleece on the lip of a puppet mouth (to avoid sewing in that area for a "cleaner" look), as well as gluing fleece onto a rubber gasket mouth? If so, would it harden too much and take away flexibility?

Also, I've checked all these links, but can't find any Kermit or Rowlf type eyes. Besides making them myself, any suggestions on what to use? Oh yeah, one last thing: can I still get Antron fleece from GA Stage?

Thanks so much everyone! Fantastic thread.
:wink:
Anthony

Animal31

Reaction score
I use hot glue for everything, never heard that before? I have also heard contact cement will turn brittle after time and loose it's seal, but then again I don't think it matters one way or the other as everything crumbles in time.

Rowlf eyes, you may have to improvise, but for Kermit's try 30-35mm half dome...

MineKBMuppets

Reaction score
I have a question. Im planning to make a puppet. But I am struck where to buy some fur. Like a neon green-ish fur or any other color. Help!

MagicFractal

Reaction score
What a great time to be into these things.

For those handy with electronics, there are companies like www.parallax.com (I do not work for them or any other company I recommend) which has fast USB interfacing to I/O. Any older computer can be used via its printer (Centronics) parallel port, if done carefully with protection.

As an example, if you want a lot of animation in your scenery, like birds, you could invest in some re-usable "Nitinol" (aka "Bio-Wire") which is strong enough to tug on small "cable puppet" actuators. There are other ways like solenoid coils and stepper motors, but those are bigger typically and need more power and support parts.

Soon I hope, I will have a 3D Printer to make props, as the cost is coming down, there's a do-it-yourself free design version and another that self-replicates !

Google provides sources for all of the above.

Jungle Joe

Reaction score
If you need to know anything regarding latex or latex puppets here are few resources:
Blog for Latex puppets, contains lots of information about venrtiloquism and latex puppets, here is the link: www.allpropuppets.blogspot.com

A website for latex puppets, If you are interested in buying yourself a latex puppet or ordering a latex prop or puppet for yourself, here is a great website: www.allpropuppets.com

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I went to the first site you posted on there Jungle Joe. I couldn't find any information about making Latex puppets, only more performing with them. Is there any information in that regard there or is it more performance tips?